Saints Super Bowl Champs!!!!!!!!!

It ain't official til Uncle Mick weighs in, heh heh heh.

My Sister called 4 times from the ole PacNW - they dumped tv in frugal mode recently - she found it on the radio.

The bats in my wrist BP meter died so I said screw it and watched the game - skipped my fruit/veggie diet plate - dirty rice(Zaterains natch) with bits of my smoked brisket, chicken wings, Fresca - so I would last to the end of the game.

Whoopee! :greetings10: A lot closer than the score would indicate - our local New Orleans boy Peyton put forth a valiant effort - like Brett from Kiln the game before.

heh heh heh - yep, yep very good. :D.

IMHO, the Who were not that great. I loved them back in the day but there comes a time to hang up the microphone. Dang I feel old looking at them.
I seriously agree. Fun to watch but in a sort of pathetic way. In fairness, it must be a tough room to perform in.

I am happy for the Saints, they TOTALLY outcoached the Colts staff..............WHO DAT!!!!!

I am happy for the Saints, they TOTALLY outcoached the Colts staff..............WHO DAT!!!!!
Sean Payton's decision to onside kick to start the second half? Made of brass, that's all I can say. Solid brass.

In the second half, the Saints clearly established themselves as the better team.

Was a great game and I was very happy for the Saints.

IMHO, the Who were not that great. I loved them back in the day but there comes a time to hang up the microphone. Dang I feel old looking at them.
I totally agree; they were sad to watch. What is it with the Superbowl and aging rockers anyhow??

Sean Payton's decision to onside kick to start the second half? Made of brass, that's all I can say. Solid brass.

In the second half, the Saints clearly established themselves as the better team.

Yeah, that! Great game!

CNBC is saying that this year's Superbowl was the most watched television show of all time. Amazing!

Still not venturing out, though I might later this afternoon.

I totally agree; they were sad to watch. What is it with the Superbowl and aging rockers anyhow??

Yeah, that! Great game!

I come on I really liked the Who, although if they limited future half time shows to people who born after the first superbowl started, I wouldn't complain.

The 30 something teacher sitting next to me called them the CSI group, that did make me feel old.:(

I LOVE The Who, but that show sucked...........they seemed out of breath and out of tune at times. Can't the Super Bowl get anyone else? Heck, I would have rather seen Carrie Underwood sing some more.........:)

I LOVE The Who, but that show sucked...........they seemed out of breath and out of tune at times. Can't the Super Bowl get anyone else? Heck, I would have rather seen Carrie Underwood sing some more.........:)
Carrie Underwood's shoes looked almost as big as she was, at least from the angle the full body shot was shown from...

I liked hearing the Who. I saw them live back in the summer of 1969 (I think? back in the mists of time) at the Fillmore West in SF and I will never forget it. Best concert of my life and practically a religious experience.

Sure, they are not, today, what they were in 1969. But who of us are? I felt like I was listening to old friends. Got a big kick out of it.

I was dismayed at the "Oh beautiful for spacious skies" at first, because I thought that was substituting for the national anthem!! So I was happy to hear Carrie Underwood sing our national anthem afterwards. Whew. She really NAILED that difficult high note at the end, "FREEEEE!!"

That was one terrific game! Congrats to the whole Who Dat? nation!

Great game and glad to see the Saints win. Same division as my Bucs so I was rooting for them. W2R, you are so happy and I'm happy for you. Does this mean you might change your mind about Kansas City?

I liked hearing the Who. I saw them live back in the summer of 1969 (I think? back in the mists of time) at the Fillmore West in SF...practically a religious experience
OK, so you saw the Who and you told us when, where, and what - but you left out why and how...

OK, so you saw the Who and you told us when, where, and what - but you left out why and how...

:2funny: :ROFLMAO: Well because my friends said I would never forgive myself if I didn't go with them, and by hitchhiking over there since none of us had a car, and borrowing money for admission from my (same) friends.... :D (But Who are the Who? That was always an enigma wrapped in a riddle and so on.)

I also forgot to mention that they said it was the first time they had ever performed the rock opera "Tommy". They sang the chorus over and over again until after 3 AM, despite union efforts to get them off the stage and close down. Nobody left. Boy was the air thick by then. :)

Great game and glad to see the Saints win. Same division as my Bucs so I was rooting for them. W2R, you are so happy and I'm happy for you. Does this mean you might change your mind about Kansas City?

Well, it was Springfield, Missouri, not Kansas City....

We still want to move there, but the housing market here isn't all that great so we are planning to wait for a year or two.

New Orleans DOES seem a lot better now than it did before the game. It still has the same problems, but that old saying that we are always at the bottom of all the good lists and at the top of all the bad lists, just isn't true any more. At least there is a little hope for the city. (I can almost hear Frank saying, "Yeah, precious little hope!!!" :rolleyes:) :LOL:

We still plan to move.

New Orleans DOES seem a lot better now than it did before the game. It still has the same problems, but that old saying that we are always at the bottom of all the good lists and at the top of all the bad lists, just isn't true any more. At least there is a little hope for the city. (I can almost hear Frank saying, "Yeah, precious little hope!!!" :rolleyes:) :LOL:

Don't forget, you have this man protecting you.;)

steven-seagal-lawman.jpg

Don't forget, you have this man protecting you.;)

steven-seagal-lawman.jpg

Yeah, well I will need Steven Seagal and all of his cousins as bodyguards if I am going to feel safe enough to run down to the grocery store at night, here. :LOL: And I don't think that even Seagal can protect us if we have a Katrina II type [-]levee[/-] seawall failure again.

But at least people are bending their minds around the idea of associating excellence with New Orleans. Whatta concept.

But at least people are bending their minds around the idea of associating excellence with New Orleans. Whatta concept.

New Orleans has always been known for excellent food, and excellent parties. Pretty much everybody at my Superbowl party thought that the French Quarter this next week would be the best place for partying anywhere in the world.

New Orleans has always been known for excellent food, and excellent parties. Pretty much everybody at my Superbowl party thought that the French Quarter this next week would be the best place for partying anywhere in the world.

True. I guess I meant excellence in something different from our usual, often hedonistic strengths such as food, music, and partying. Perhaps something that could add to a more solid, diversified base to the local economy than tourism provides.

It would also explain why [-]hell[/-] the mid-Atlantic coast has frozen over this weekend...
Careful Nords....the mods might send this one over to the "political" threads. :whistle: That was always an inside joke for Saints fans and I'm impressed that it got all the way to the Islands.
Just for the record though.......Good one Nords!:LOL:

Great game! IMHO the Who were not that great. I loved them back in the day but there comes a time to hang up the microphone.
I also have always been a WHO fan but I felt embarrassed for them on the stage. :( Since this is a "retirement forum" we ought to send them an invitation to join us. They should RE. :rolleyes:

I pulled for the Saints all the way.
I kept telling the wife, they got to win it for UncleMick
Happy it turn out good for all the Saints fans on the forum.
Steve

Back
Top Bottom