• Eagles by over 14 pts

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I just watch the commercials or halftime event

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • other

Votes: 8 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I want some of whatever they gave to Mahomes at half-time.

...They took care of the pain in Mahomes ankle at half time, after the game was over, he would not have noticed it.

Yes, I don't know what the trainers gave Mahomes at halftime but whatever it is, I want some.

Good thing they don't do drug tests.

That said, I enjoy watching Mahomes... very gifted athlete.

Yeah, when it's that close, they usually stick with the initial ruling on the field.

Fortunately, it ended up not mattering.
True, but in that case it wasn't that close. I was in a room of 10 people none of whom are Eagles or Chiefs fans and even when it was called a completed pass and fumble on the field nobody believed it was really a completed pass.

Philly had no answer to KC's offense in 2nd half til then if the penalty wasn't called.
True, and the Chiefs offense made the Eagles defense look inept on the two blown coverage plays in the red zone that resulted in touchdowns during the 4th quarter.

Eagles won the first half with the exception of the inexplicable fumble by hurts. KC won the second half by a larger margin and deserved to win imo. If the NFL is rigged it’s above my pay grade. I have more important things to get riled up about.

Oh, and for those upset about that holding call, the player himself admits it was the correct call.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ry-holding-penalty-super-bowl-57/11246373002/

Parade is on Wednesday, I need to figure out exactly where to set up for it and be ready to ‘fight for my right to party’.

Last edited:
No... that was definitely NOT a catch, therefore not a defensive touchdown. But the defensive holding call was bogus.

No , you are incorrect....he caught the ball, then made a pivot into the tackle which dislodged the ball- clearly a fumble ........ If you can pivot toward a tackler that is both a reception and supposed football move - it doesn't matter how small a movement or short of time. The referees review was a crock.

Big winner is City of Glendale. For cashing in and for not having to pull Philly fans off the lampposts, power poles, etc.

I was neutral on both teams. Good but unusual game. No interceptions. No (real) sacks. More 4th down conversions than usual. More QB sneaks than usual. No kickoff returns other than the forced one at the end. Fewer punts than usual. More QB runs than usual, especially Hurts. Both QBs played great. Longest SB punt return ever. Eagles dominated first half, Chiefs the second - what an adjustment. Very few outright mistakes, Butker miss, Hurts fumble. Like others have said, what did they give Mahomes at halftime?

I live in KC and have zero interest in football. I knew when we scored only because my pyromaniac neighbors across the lake set off fireworks.

So... the victory parade is set for Wednesday. They're closing the schools. They did this 3 years ago because 80% of the parents surveyed said they'd keep their kids out of school for the parade, anyway.:(

Shortly after the last victory, of course, COVID became a serious problem. Our healthcare workers were pushed to the brink, isolated themselves to protect their families, had to watch people die for lack of available treatments, and some contracted COVID. Some died, some ended up with long COVID. They were heroes, we said.

When and where are we going to have a Heroes parade for the healthcare workers? Will they close the schools for the day? What are we telling our kids about our priorities?

My FB feed is exploding with Chiefs-related memes, of course. I'm trying not to post there. I'm hoping a few people here understand.

Last edited:
Woah! What a game!!!! Yay Chiefs!!!

And I was very disappointed Dak got booed when he got his award. Who does that?!?!

Philly fans. I was undecided who to root for until they booed a person getting honored for being a good person. I rooted against the Eagles so i'm glad they lost.

I think the Eagles will win easily.

Oh, wait............

Never mind.

I was surprised that after the Chiefs scored there TD to go up by 7, they then decided to go for the extra point to go up by 8 instead of trying a 2 to go up by 9 to make it a two score game and pretty much seal the game right there.

Sure, the thinking might've been if they miss the 2 then Eagles can get a TD and 2 pt to take the lead. But I think there was more pros in trying to make it a two score game.

I was surprised that after the Chiefs scored there TD to go up by 7, they then decided to go for the extra point to go up by 8 instead of trying a 2 to go up by 9 to make it a two score game and pretty much seal the game right there.

Sure, the thinking might've been if they miss the 2 then Eagles can get a TD and 2 pt to take the lead. But I think there was more pros in trying to make it a two score game.

Agreed. I would have tried to go up 2 scores, had the game gone the other way, this decision would have been second-guessed.

Whoever does the field should be fired, watched players slipping and sliding the whole game. Lucky that there weren't any key injuries directly due to it.

Best commercial was not the ones being talked about, it was the pickup truck EV with extended range being pitched in the tone of ED meds, from the ashamed older man standing with his wife saying he had been afraid he wouldn't have the power, to the guy with the broken fishing pole to the wife saying she didn't like to start-stop, start-stop, start-stop, while her husband hung his head. I went back and replayed twice, laughing louder each time.

... Best commercial was not the ones being talked about, it was the pickup truck EV with extended range being pitched in the tone of ED meds, from the ashamed older man standing with his wife saying he had been afraid he wouldn't have the power, to the guy with the broken fishing pole to the wife saying she didn't like to start-stop, start-stop, start-stop, while her husband hung his head. I went back and replayed twice, laughing louder each time.

That was a good one, but the one that our group watching the game liked the best was the Bradley Cooper T-Mobile commercial:

Bradley Cooper, nine-time Oscar nominee, and his mom Gloria, his reliable Oscars date, starred in an adorable ad for T-Mobile during Super Bowl 2023.

From the jump, it's clear this is Gloria's ad. Cooper is dressed as a T-Mobile employee and Gloria immediately hits him with a "I don't like the way you look." Now this is A Star is Born.

Gloria continues to lovingly take jabs at her incredibly successful son, who reminds her that he's been "nominated nine times."

"Yeah, but you never won any!" she retorts

Agreed. I would have tried to go up 2 scores, had the game gone the other way, this decision would have been second-guessed.

Whoever does the field should be fired, watched players slipping and sliding the whole game. Lucky that there weren't any key injuries directly due to it.

Best commercial was not the ones being talked about, it was the pickup truck EV with extended range being pitched in the tone of ED meds, from the ashamed older man standing with his wife saying he had been afraid he wouldn't have the power, to the guy with the broken fishing pole to the wife saying she didn't like to start-stop, start-stop, start-stop, while her husband hung his head. I went back and replayed twice, laughing louder each time.

Yes. Even if the Chiefs went for 2 pts and missed. Should the Eagles then get a TD (which they did), they may not have even took the risk to take the lead instead of a tie (though they probably would have since their motto was take the risks).

As for commercials, I'm a sucker for puppy ones. I liked the Farmer's Dog commercial with the woman promising the take care of her puppy and the scenes go from when the dog was a pup til old age and she kept the pup even all the stages of her life (having kids of her own). As I said, I'm a sucker :).

I wanted the Eagles to win, but Mahomes was able to get the time and pick the defense apart.

Oh well, looking forward to getting on with my golfing (I mean goofing) game. :LOL:

PS. I'm "shocked", really "shocked" there is no drug testing in the NFL :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom