Saints Super Bowl Champs!!!!!!!!!

I also have always been a WHO fan but I felt embarrassed for them on the stage. :( Since this is a "retirement forum" we ought to send them an invitation to join us. They should RE. :rolleyes:
I was goofing off on the forum when they started to play. My DH said, "Ooooh, c'mere!" We both watched for a few minutes and I said, "What happened to them?" :eek:

He looked at me and exclaimed, "They're OLD!"

:LOL:

Ahhh yeah...it's a shame.

I also have always been a WHO fan but I felt embarrassed for them on the stage. :( Since this is a "retirement forum" we ought to send them an invitation to join us. They should RE. :rolleyes:

Pete Townshead will be 65 in May, and the others aren't far behind. I was guessing that he was 70. So I think they are too late to join this forum since we are an "Early" retirement forum. But I'd be cool with cutting them some slack and having them as members. :LOL:

Yeah, we're old, but Peter Townshend will always be cool. I don't think he and Daltry perform much (unlike some of the others of "my generation") so considering that, they sounded okay and it was great to see them enjoying themselves.

True. I guess I meant excellence in something different from our usual, often hedonistic strengths such as food, music, and partying. Perhaps something that could add to a more solid, diversified base to the local economy than tourism provides.

You mean that excellence in creative excuses from your politicians, to explain their corruption, incompetence, and generally cluelessness doesn't count? :) Although, lately I think that Illinois politician have been given the LA politicians a run for their money.

I saw a couple of local NO sportscasters on the Newshour. They pretty much have elevated the entire team to Sainthood, and I'm expecting the Pope to arrive any day to canonize Drew Brees, only one miracle to go to right?. Still the civic pride was evident and well deserved to all in NO.

Brees did well during the game but truly excelled post game...... well spoken, modest...... you really have to be happy for him. He had a rough road between Purdue and the Super Bowl but hopefully this is the beginning of good times.

Some ads were good, the Bud light lost parody one for instance :D Or the "Good day to be an american but also a bad day to be a chicken" commercial from Denny :)

Brees did well during the game but truly excelled post game...... well spoken, modest...... you really have to be happy for him. He had a rough road between Purdue and the Super Bowl but hopefully this is the beginning of good times.
Yep. He's pure class.

I also thought it was embarrassing for the Who. Wear longer shirts so that belly doesn't get exposed.

I love the group Jethro Tull. The last time I saw them, I wished that I had not seen them and remembered them the way they were when I had seen them previously. There definitely comes a time to hang it up.

On a different note, W2R, you shocked me that you ever hitchhiked. I have done so many times in the distant past, but never thought of you as a person who would do so. Going to see the Who and the air being thick, hmm, puts you in a different perspective. There are quite a few people I know who would be quite shocked to know what I was like when I was younger. Oh for the good old days!

Back
Top Bottom