• Bi-Annually

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Annually

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • What is sexual intimacy ?

Votes: 56 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I answered "weekly", and when I asked DW what she would have answered she answered "twice weekly"....I think she's counting the times I suggest it but get a "request denied" answer.

Those are interesting conversations, BTW..."No means NO."
"Does No mean ask me again in 20 minutes?"
"No. No means No"
"What does "maybe later" mean?
"Maybe later means NO"...or it might mean "Maybe later. In the week. Or it might mean maybe later in the month, or later in the summer."

It's very confusing to me.

I've read "The Art of the Deal" and I was a hell of a negotiator at work. However, I think the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" might be a more useful book to read when trying to understand and deal with a spouse. Took me a while to figure that out.

I've read "The Art of the Deal" and I was a hell of a negotiator at work. However, I think the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" might be a more useful book to read when trying to understand and deal with a spouse. Took me a while to figure that out.

You have women figured out? :confused: And you got the answers from a book? Right........:rolleyes:

I answered "weekly", and when I asked DW what she would have answered she answered "twice weekly"....I think she's counting the times I suggest it but get a "request denied" answer.

Those are interesting conversations, BTW..."No means NO."
"Does No mean ask me again in 20 minutes?"
"No. No means No"
"What does "maybe later" mean?
"Maybe later means NO"...or it might mean "Maybe later. In the week. Or it might mean maybe later in the month, or later in the summer."

It's very confusing to me.

Reference your username for what your DW is probably trying to nicely communicate.

A happy ending? :cool:

I recall an experience my boss once told me back in the '80's. He had been in a combat zone in Viet Nam and had not experience any carnal activity for a while. The first chance of R&R back to Saigon, he hooked up with a member of the fairer sex, and since it had been a while, he thought his performance was no less than spectacular. As the fireworks was going off in his mind, he glanced at his partner, who was peacefully content laying there eating an apple! His vision of his "studliness" vanished, he got up and left, and he said he never went again to those "Houses of the Rising Sun".

I laughed out loud so many times while I read this thread. You folks are funny as hell.

Those of you who voted "daily" .... :bow:

He was surprised? That a prostitute treated him as a piece of meat? Lol,,

I recall an experience my boss once told me back in the '80's. He had been in a combat zone in Viet Nam and had not experience any carnal activity for a while. The first chance of R&R back to Saigon, he hooked up with a member of the fairer sex, and since it had been a while, he thought his performance was no less than spectacular. As the fireworks was going off in his mind, he glanced at his partner, who was peacefully content laying there eating an apple! His vision of his "studliness" vanished, he got up and left, and he said he never went again to those "Houses of the Rising Sun".

Last edited by a moderator:
I laughed out loud so many times while I read this thread. You folks are funny as hell.

Those of you who voted "daily" .... :bow:

To be fair, there should have been a poll choice somewhere between weekly and daily. I think daily votes may have been lower if there were.

Being retired for 17 years, we tend to do it on special occasions. My anniversaries and hers, birthdays of ourselves and other relatives, RMD dates, Valentine's but not Thanksgiving!

But that is not a strict rule. Sometimes it is accidentally picking up the KY jelly instead of toothpaste!

Don't quite qualify for this poll, but it has got me thinking...I'm curious if there is a correlation between the number of years married to/living with the same partner and the frequency of sex. I am thinking that maybe those who have switched partners mid-life and those who got married later in life maybe do it more frequently than those of us who have been with the same person for eons. Will ponder how to put this into a poll...

Being retired for 17 years, we tend to do it on special occasions. My anniversaries and hers, birthdays of ourselves and other relatives, RMD dates, Valentine's but not Thanksgiving!

But that is not a strict rule. Sometimes it is accidentally picking up the KY jelly instead of toothpaste!

Hope you don't brush your teeth in the dark.

I'm hoping they don't grab toothpaste when they're reaching for KY...:eek:

If they married someone younger, it's a pretty good bet!

Incidentally, I did not know people still say "do it" instead of "have sex." I think the last time I heard that phrase was in early college years. The slogan "Just Do It" was a snicker, of course.

I am thinking that maybe those who have switched partners mid-life and those who got married later in life maybe do it more frequently than those of us who have been with the same person for eons. Will ponder how to put this into a poll...

If they married someone younger, it's a pretty good bet!

Incidentally, I did not know people still say "do it" instead of "have sex." I think the last time I heard that phrase was in early college years. The slogan "Just Do It" was a snicker, of course.

I've always thought the phrases of "bumping uglies" or "doing the nasty" were kind of unusual but accurate euphemisms. :cool:

"Knocking boots," for the impetuous.

I've always thought the phrases of "bumping uglies" or "doing the nasty" were kind of unusual but accurate euphemisms. :cool:

No one EVER wants to think about their parents having sex...

There was no question growing up what was going on between my parents. They were party animals and every Friday or Saturday night would have a group of friends over or they went to their houses. It was late 60's and early 70's and I shuddered on what might have gone on with that group.

In my late 30's and through my 40's I had zero sex due to my wife's long term illness. After she passed away and I met another widower it was sheer craziness for a couple of years. Then as things settled down we do not let it go a week in-between rendezvous. However, on "vacation" trips we ramp it back up. We have a policy of "breaking in" new rental houses. Next trip is to Mexico and we have four rentals houses. If you want I'll report back on our progress.

in my late 30's and through my 40's i had zero sex due to my wife's long term illness. After she passed away and i met another widower it was sheer craziness for a couple of years. Then as things settled down we do not let it go a week in-between rendezvous. However, on "vacation" trips we ramp it back up. We have a policy of "breaking in" new rental houses. Next trip is to mexico and we have four rentals houses. If you want i'll report back on our progress.

do_not_want_4718.jpg

Back
Top Bottom