Songs that make you dance

Hmmm... It seems to me if and when one wants to dance, one can dance to any type of music. The music is just incidental, it feels like. Again, I no longer dance and only watch from the sideline now.

Hmmm... It seems to me if and when one wants to dance, one can dance to any type of music. The music is just incidental, it feels like. Again, I no longer dance and only watch from the sideline now.
Mmmm, hmmmm....this can be true.

However, there are some songs that cause a stir and you feel the need to move.

...and yeah, I know...you watch from the sideline...;)

Just can't sit still with this one...

YouTube - Roll With It - Steve Winwood

I reckon I'm in a bit of a country mood tonight....

YouTube - Patsy Cline-Walkin' After Midnight

bbbamI, you are hitting on ALL cylinders with those two picks! Thank You!

Steve Winwood - what an artist! That clip is so awesome, I bet that soulful little pasty-faced boy from England just dreamed about being in an authentic down-South juke-gin like that (well, it looked authentic to me, BTWTHDIK!).

And Patsy Cline - That After Midnight has got to be among the top 100 songs ever recorded. I had to look it up on wiki, yup, blend of country, blues swing, & jazz - perfect!

I don't dance, but I was moving in my chair, if that counts.

-ERD50

bbbamI, you are hitting on ALL cylinders with those two picks! Thank You!

I don't dance, but I was moving in my chair, if that counts.

-ERD50
Hey...glad you enjoyed them...:flowers:...and yeah, since you don't dance I feel privileged the tunes made you move in your chair.

That's quite the compliment...ummm...to Steve and Patsy....;)

I know I am not a dancer but I sure do like listening to Waltz-time songs:

or by Waylon

Okay, shameless plug for the latest song by our hometown boy, Darius Rucker (of Hootie and the Blowfish) who transitioned successfully from pop to country.

The video is all Charleston scenes--and Nords--there's our new bridge!

Darius Rucker - Come Back Song (Official Music Video) - iViewTube.com

The song isn't available on youtube, so I found it here, may not embed right. I will surely be dancing and hooping to this one!

I'm also working on a new hoop routine and I'm going for a Saturday Night Fever disco flavor, possibly using a piece of Calypso Breakdown for the song. Whatcha think?

YouTube - Ralph MacDonald - Calypso Breakdown

Purron, that is a great song--I just recommended it to one of my friends for her hoopdance routine. Cool! Forgot all about Herbie!

This is the song I finally picked for my hoop choreography, though the second one was a strong contender.
This is the live version, which has some stage chatter.
YouTube - JJ Grey & Mofro - BSR II - On Fire

YouTube - JJ Grey & Mofro "On Fire" Music Video
This is the "official" music video, which is so bizarre I didn't even watch the whole thing. Strip club with barbie dolls! NSFW.

YouTube - INXS - Mystify
I love this old INXS song, too.

Found out that it is easier to work out the choreography and then play the songs to see what fits the moves best rather than the other way around. It has been interesting to try to learn, to say the least!

Attachments

• bunnies eatin greens.jpg
    bunnies eatin greens.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 111
This is the song I finally picked for my hoop choreography, though the second one was a strong contender.

Would love to see a video of your choreo/performance - if you are so inclined to post it! BTW, I found a few hoop classes in my area...now I just have to make time to get to one. :)

Back
Top Bottom