Songs that make you dance

I don't know how to get a YouTube video onto this site...
For future reference...
We have a feature that will convert links to videos into embedded videos in the post. To embed a video in a post simply copy and paste the URL to the video from YouTube, Google Video, Yahoo Video or PhotoBucket. The rest will be dome automatically.

Those Coreanos are real get down party on folks. Also, North Korea has apparently worked out any obesity problems with high carb diets. I think it's called impending starvation.

73ss454, I love your taste in music. Growing up (well becoming an adult, anyway) in the '60s, this is the music I still know and try to listen to. Keep 'em coming.

Actually I'm a Doo Wop and 60's girl group kind of guy. Funny, but Doo Wop was a little before my time but I've always loved it. The 60's stuff I posted here was really the music during my teen years and I did like it but not as much as the other stuff I mentioned.

Have to add my 2 cents worth - went to a wedding reception last weekend that was straight out of the movie "Footloose" - no dancing allowed (and obviously no adult beverages as well...). Finally talked the DJ into playing the Isley Bros. "Shout!". While everybody followed the letter of the law, there was a lot of (silent) singing along and the occasional 'throwing your arms in the air' (while seated). That song is almost impossible NOT to dance to.

BTW, I was counseled later by the groom's new MIL that my choice of songs was inappropriate

Ellis, that sounds awful! And gold star for choosing inappropriate songs for such a boring event! Sounds like it needed some livening up! Yikes!

I remember bringing hula hoops to DH's class reunion a few years ago and shocking some of the more fuddy-duddy types with my hooping and getting a few others to hoop along to the DJ. Though the music was better than at your party, and there was something to drink, at least!

Have to add my 2 cents worth - went to a wedding reception last weekend that was straight out of the movie "Footloose" - no dancing allowed (and obviously no adult beverages as well...). Finally talked the DJ into playing the Isley Bros. "Shout!". While everybody followed the letter of the law, there was a lot of (silent) singing along and the occasional 'throwing your arms in the air' (while seated). That song is almost impossible NOT to dance to.

BTW, I was counseled later by the groom's new MIL that my choice of songs was inappropriate

What a great song!

Shout! - The Isley Brothers - YouTube

DW REALLY wanted to start a second line, but it became clear that it would NOT be appreciated.

HaHa - my thoughts exactly......

On a brighter note, I have figured out that if I live a VERY bad life, I know what group of people I'll end up with when I die.......which is incentive enough to behave myself at all costs.

Muscovites "Putting On The Ritz":

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom