Square Trade warranty

FinallyRetired

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A few months ago DW and I bought new iPhones (3GS) and, given my history of ruining phones by getting them wet by taking them in the pool, etc, (which DW loves to comment on :mad:), I declined the AppleCare warranty. They don't cover wet phones. Instead I got a Square Trade warranty for cheaper than Apple Care, hoping I would never have to use it. As it turned out I didn't get my phone wet, but DW did from wine (no comments allowed :nonono:).

So, with trepidation I approached Square Trade and, much to my surprise, they were downright courteous and speedy with the claim. I only had to pay a $50 deductible, go to the Apple store to replace the phone for $199, fax ST a receipt, and got a check for $199 within a week.

So, if anyone is as careless with their phone as I am, I recommend Square Trade.

Thanks for the info. I've heard about Square Trade but didnt' know how well the warranty worked. Will have to keep them in mind for the future.

Just had my second square trade iPhone warranty claim for a wet phone. Note: the Aquapac may be shark proof but it will not hold up to grandkids in a swimming pool. This time they balked, suggesting that Aquapac should pay, but relented after realizing they were dealing with the retiree from hell.

Unlike other companies, I was able to quickly reach a human with whom I could reason. So I still recommend this company for low priced, effective, warranties. Aquapac is definitely off my recommended list, though.

. They don't cover wet phones. Instead I got a Square Trade warranty for cheaper than Apple Care, hoping I would never have to use it. As it turned out I didn't get my phone wet, but DW did from wine (no comments allowed :nonono:).

Does that mean that I am not allowed to speculate the real reason you posted has very little to do with singing the praises of Square Trade. :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom