To Eat out or Not to Eat out, That is the question.

Eating out, do you do it frequently and enjoy doing so?

• Yes

Votes: 106 40.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 3.5%
  • We mostly eat at home and prefer to do so

Votes: 36 13.9%
  • We enjoy an occasional meal out, but not regularly

Votes: 108 41.7%

• Total voters
Even high quality frozen pizzas are regularly $5-6 around here. A similar pizza from a chain would be $13 plus tip, delivery, tax etc. and involves a long wait and often wrong/warm pie deliver. Can't remember the last time we ordered out pizza.

We usually make our own pizza, although there are a couple of non-chain local places that do a nice job if we're lazy. I'm sure there might be some decent frozen pizzas but I can't remember the last time I bought one.

+1 Costco dog whenever we're in the city

We try to find local Costcos when we travel

Last edited:
My sincere condolence to you for living in France. The video looks interesting, but I /we didn't understand a word...it was in French.

If I lived in Spain or southern France or Italy I would be eating out most of the time!

Here (in French) you can see the chefs preparing their take on Beef Wellington, with foie gras of course.

Foie gras??!!!!!!! Don't mention that in California. The locals may either jail you or demand you bring them some on your next visit. :eek:

Next to Italy, France has the best food in Europe, IMHO. My understanding is that the French were taught to cook by Italians, but perhaps the French students missed a lesson or two when they stayed out a bit to long lunching at a cafè. :D

Never been to France but I love the food in Italy.

We usually make our own pizza, although there are a couple of non-chain local places that do a nice job if we're lazy. I'm sure there might be some decent frozen pizzas but I can't remember the last time I bought one.

+1

Making one's own pizza is a great way to eat good food. I find that when I order a pizza out, they are generally way to salty and often have to much cheese and very thinly cut toppings. I also make my own crust using a combination of 1/2 ordinary white flour and 1/2 whole grain Einkorn flour.

Lately, making pizza with the grand kids is a source of great fun and entertainment. Assuming they don't eat most of the toppings before they get onto le pizze.

+1

Making one's own pizza is a great way to eat good food. I find that when I order a pizza out, they are generally way to salty and often have to much cheese and very thinly cut toppings. I also make my own crust using a combination of 1/2 ordinary white flour and 1/2 whole grain Einkorn flour.

That, of course is one of the benefits of making your own pizza...you're able to dial in the crust and toppings to your own personal preferences.

We’ve always eaten out once or twice a week. I don’t see that changing...

After 5 weeks on the road in Europe, we are glad to be home and able to cook what we want to eat. Nuff said.

We eat out 15-20 weeks a year when we travel.

At home we eat out occasionally and typically for food that we do not or cannot prepare at home. That usually means Thai or Vietnamese, sometimes Italian or Greek.

Breakfast:
Usually at home. Very occasionally we eat out.

Lunch:
M-F I bring my lunch to work
Sat/Sun: Usually eat out

Dinner:
M-Th: We eat at home
Fri: We usually eat out
Sat: About 50/50 out vs. in

I travel a lot for work, so it's almost always eat out.
When we travel for vacation, it depends. We often do Homeaway/AirBnb in which case we'll have a kitchen and it's a mix as to whether we eat in or out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom