What Kind of Dog is This?

Scottie / Schnauzer / Pit bull . In Harris county the vets tell us most every stray has PB.

My friend did a dna and they didn’t ask for a picture of the dog.

My friend did a dna and they didn’t ask for a picture of the dog.

DW and I each did a DNA test last year, and they didn't ask for a picture of the dog either. Good thing, we don't have a dog! :LOL:

-ERD50

terrier mixed with longer legged breed

Here are the results. I think they're BS:

hMFPwDQ.png

Here are the results. I think they're BS:

I would be very suspect too.

Based on what I absolutely know about my ancestry, I found the DNA analyses from 23andme and Ancestry.com to both be only very rough and in some cases simply wrong.

With a much smaller database to work from, I would expect even weaker results for a canine DNA test.

It sorta looks like I might have guessed the most correctly with my Siberian ....

Of course, I sort of knew what the dog DNA people tell about 95% of their mail-ins.

I agree with the BS assessment, although Airedale may be in his ancestry somewhere, and I do not recall that one being mentioned by anyone yet

Maybe the company loves GSD's as much as I do and therefore sees them everywhere :cool:

Otherwise, I doubt that one very much

He doesn't have a blue tongue.

I hope he takes the news well. It can be rough finding out you aren't who you thought you were.

I agree with the schnauzer/lab mix suggestion. But any way you look at it he is a cutie who will be a wonderful pet.

Aussie Shepard only because family member has one and it appears close. Doubt K9 DNA is very accurate for mixed breed dogs. Wonder if a "Pure breed like a AKC certified one" would be more accurate.

I hope he takes the news well. It can be rough finding out you aren't who you thought you were.
Indeed.
Ancestry found 25% Irish in my DNA, complete suprise to all of us. Grandmother was adopted and we just assumed she was French
Looking forward to St. Patrick's Day though.

Back
Top Bottom