What Kind of Dog is This?

Scottie / Schnauzer / Pit bull . In Harris county the vets tell us most every stray has PB.

My friend did a dna and they didn’t ask for a picture of the dog.

My friend did a dna and they didn’t ask for a picture of the dog.

DW and I each did a DNA test last year, and they didn't ask for a picture of the dog either. Good thing, we don't have a dog! :LOL:

-ERD50

terrier mixed with longer legged breed

Here are the results. I think they're BS:

hMFPwDQ.png

Here are the results. I think they're BS:

I would be very suspect too.

Based on what I absolutely know about my ancestry, I found the DNA analyses from 23andme and Ancestry.com to both be only very rough and in some cases simply wrong.

With a much smaller database to work from, I would expect even weaker results for a canine DNA test.

It sorta looks like I might have guessed the most correctly with my Siberian ....

Of course, I sort of knew what the dog DNA people tell about 95% of their mail-ins.

I agree with the BS assessment, although Airedale may be in his ancestry somewhere, and I do not recall that one being mentioned by anyone yet

Maybe the company loves GSD's as much as I do and therefore sees them everywhere :cool:

Otherwise, I doubt that one very much

He doesn't have a blue tongue.

I hope he takes the news well. It can be rough finding out you aren't who you thought you were.

I agree with the schnauzer/lab mix suggestion. But any way you look at it he is a cutie who will be a wonderful pet.

Aussie Shepard only because family member has one and it appears close. Doubt K9 DNA is very accurate for mixed breed dogs. Wonder if a "Pure breed like a AKC certified one" would be more accurate.

I hope he takes the news well. It can be rough finding out you aren't who you thought you were.
Indeed.
Ancestry found 25% Irish in my DNA, complete suprise to all of us. Grandmother was adopted and we just assumed she was French
Looking forward to St. Patrick's Day though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom