What you consider *superior* products (III)

spncity

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Mods - rename to version THREE if needed.

[mod edit -- done]

Something for cracked painful cuticles or a crack at the thumbnail. Very painful!

Significant healing progress overnight. Check it out.

Surgeon's Skin Secret

Last edited by a moderator:
KNORK brand forks, knives, and other tableware.

The fork is designed for hard-to-cut foods. Feels substantial. Several finishes / colors.

Have you ever had your car remote die? You know, at first, you have to press it about 5 times for it to work. Then a couple weeks later, pressing harder/longer doesn't do the trick any more and it just stops working. You've opened it, replaced the battery, no dice. Then you call the dealer and find they want $200+ for a replacement and get pissed off.

Well, this $10 marvel brings it back to life and has it working like new again in 5 minutes. About 10 years ago I bought two of them - used one for my Blazer remote which "died", and put the other away for a rainy day. Last year, same thing with my HHR remote, pulled the spare one out, working again 5 minutes later.

Keylessfix - Home

Smith & Wesson revolvers.

O'Keefe's Working Man's Hand Cream in the green jar. better than anything else. period.

Anker power accessories -- portable phone chargers, USB hubs, replacement batteries...they make more than that, but I've used all of those products from them and they've performed extremely well for me, plus their support and packaging and all just seems to be so much better and nicer than standard.

Logitech Harmony universal remotes. I love home theater and automation, and the Harmony (later bought by Logitech, mostly known for mice and keyboards) remotes are a perfect combination of programmable and intuitive. Well, for me, at least. For power users, they are really flexible and programmable. But my BIL and I gifted one to my MIL, and I set it up for her, and she LOVES it. Often when she has friends visit (and she entertains a lot), she tells us how impressed they were at how easy it is to use. Basically, you get one-button functions like "Play a DVD" or "Watch Netflix", which is a huge improvement if you're using two or more remotes to operate your TV and accessories.

And J&J Czuchraj Meats makes THE BEST jerky. I first heard about it because chef Michael Symon named them on the series "The Best Thing I Ever Ate", and now every Cyber Monday they offer a couple of dollars per pound off all their jerky, and I usually get a couple of pounds of their bacon jerky, and maybe the beef sriracha garlic or...well, all the ones I've tried are like thick-cut sirloin jerky with amazing sauces. The turkey jerky was really good, too!

Festool tools. Ridiculously expensive, arguably worth it. Used to have a connection, as in friend who worked part time at woodworking store that unfortunately closed. Talked me into their track saw, one amazing tool. In a case of "blowing that dough" I just bought their domino joiner. Have a biscuit joiner but wanted to try the domino. All German, and I'm even finding myself converting from inches to mm on certain design and operation.

Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar with "the mother." Cures everything.

Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar with "the mother." Cures everything.

+1, I take 1-2 Tbs. with raw honey, hot water and often add an "airborne "tablet.
Probably very similar herbs, etc to the Yoders listed above.
Helps me with cold prevention/lessening, GI issues/GERD.

Last edited:
+1, I take 1-2 Tbs. with raw honey, hot water and often add an "airborne "tablet.
Probably very similar herbs, etc to the Yoders listed above.
Helps me with cold prevention/lessening, GI issues/GERD.
I get the same results with Red Vines. They make the blind walk and the lame see.

Dot's Homestyle Pretzels. I bought mine at Ace too. First time. This stuff is crack baby, try at your own risk. We're now doomed, hopeless addicts forever.

Dot's Homestyle Pretzels. I bought mine at Ace too. First time. This stuff is crack baby, try at your own risk. We're now doomed, hopeless addicts forever.

Oh,Yes! Ace is where we first bought some also. Recently found them in the local grocery store. Definitely addicting!

O'Keefe's Working Man's Hand Cream in the green jar. better than anything else. period.

Great reviews on this on Amazon (and it scored A on fakespot.com!)

I've just ordered one via Amazon.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Interesting. Is it to be taken daily?

I only take it when I feel a cold/flu coming on. Many times, I can ward off getting any sicker (even with my compromised immune system).

Taking it daily would reduce the effectiveness of it's potency by building a tolerance. For the same reason, my wife only uses her natural oils, and CBD when needed, not daily.

Just tried O'Keefe's lip repair. Good stuff. There are three varieties plus two lip balms.

These are indeed crack baby! I second this recommendation. First time I saw them it was a 32 oz bag and they were $10. I thought who in their right mind pays $10 for a bag of pretzels?

Turns out the answer is now "me" :)

These are indeed crack baby! I second this recommendation. First time I saw them it was a 32 oz bag and they were $10. I thought who in their right mind pays $10 for a bag of pretzels?

Turns out the answer is now "me" :)

DW tried these at a car show when we were in Florida last month. Bought a bag for $6 (1lb). Found them locally for $4.50 (1lb). They ARE good.

Black Rifle Coffee subscription. It’s my “daily driver” and great coffee.

I have been enjoying the iCharger X8 for a couple of weeks. As someone who works a lot with rechargeable batteries (for my DIY home solar storage system), I find that this tool is definitely worth its price.

41YHpJ7qNXL._AC_SY400_.jpg

The function of a battery charger is conceptually simple, but there are simpler chargers and there is this charger. This one has the versatility of being programmable to handle currents up to 30A and voltages up to 49V. That's power in the kilowatt. It will do cell balancing for up to an 8S battery (8 cells in series), with the individual cell balancing currents of up to 2A. It will log data into a microSD memory card, for download to a PC later for analysis.

The iCharger X8 uses the "buck-boost" circuit topology, hence it can transfer energy from a low-voltage cell to a higher-voltage battery, or vice versa. This means you can use a 12V supply source to charge a 24V battery, for example.

What I particularly like is the discharging function with regeneration. The only way of measuring a battery capacity is to draw power from it. However, many chargers simply dissipate this energy as heat, and doing that with power level up to a kW takes a big heater with a fan for cooling. With this charger buck-boost circuit, I can draw down the energy from the cell under test and transfer it to a larger battery of a high voltage, which is of course of a much larger capacity in order to be able accept the charge. When the "small" cell under test is already kWh size, that's a lot of energy wasted as heat if you do not have this regeneration feature.

I am impressed by the small size (fits in your palm), perhaps even more than its versatility. And I initially thought that this is an American product, but it appears to be a product designed and produced by a Chinese company. The user interface via a single thumbwheel is fairly good, and does not take long to get used to.

Not earthshaking, but it is a well-designed product, both electronically as well as mechanically. If the Chinese can design and build products like this, Western electronic companies have a lot of competition to be concerned about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom