Wow! Kirstie Alley RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
*corrected title for name/spelling

I remember her from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Thought she was gorgeous. Then was pleased when she showed up on Cheers. RIP, Kirstie.

Too young. I always liked her. RIP Kirstie.

Hate waking up to this news.. Loved her in "It Takes Two" with Steve Gutenberg.

Yes, sad news. Two observations from me: 1) I didn't realize she was 71, I thought she was less. 71 is still too young to die though; and 2) I had not heard she had cancer.

Yes, sad news. Two observations from me: 1) I didn't realize she was 71, I thought she was less. 71 is still too young to die though; and 2) I had not heard she had cancer.

It is being reported that it was colon cancer, and was "only recently discovered."

71 is still too young, RIP Kirstie

Sad news. Second to Leonard Nimoy, she was the best Vulcan in Star Trek.

It is being reported that it was colon cancer, and was "only recently discovered."

Sounds like she never bothered to have regular screening. Too many people blow that off until things "don't seem right". Two of my acquaintances died approx 2 months after being diagnosed...never bothered to be screened.

_B

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like she never bothered to have regular screening. Too many people blow that off until things "don't seem right". Two of my acquaintances died approx 2 months after being diagnosed...never bothered to be screened.

I thought that too. One colonoscopy 10-15 years ago could have added 15-20 years to her life.

I went for my annual physical last week and my new doctor at Cedars Sinai said that 85% of males over the age of 20 don't see a doctor until they are seriously ill. He also said that very small numbers (male and female) even bother with colonoscopies or even test their stool annually for markers.

^^^^^
Sounds like the group I'm in for sure.

Sad news. Second to Leonard Nimoy, she was the best Vulcan in Star Trek.

As a young fellow I saw her play Lieutenant Saavik in ST2: The Wrath of Khan. No wonder Vulcan males go crazy during the time of the Pon-Farr mating ritual. I remember thinking that how great it would be to be a young Star Fleet officer assigned to Vulcan, as long as I could avoid fighting hormone charged Vulcan males.

Colon cancer is one of the more preventable cancers.
Truly don't understand especially the male population reluctance. Best 30 minute sleep you can get.

^^^^

I'm sure you are right and I may consider taking the "mail-in sampling test" but there's no way I'm letting anyone get near me with a "Weapon Of Mass Detection".:nonono:

Last edited:
I usually don't give a s*** about celebrity deaths, but this one hurt. I followed her on Twitter and she was fun and still posting just over a week ago. Then, phtt, you're number is up.

Absolutely loved Wrath of Khan, thought the movie was brilliant, and a super treat being a sequel to one of my favorite regular episodes.

This thread makes me remember our own Khan, RIP.

^^^^

I'm sure you are right and I may consider taking the "mail-in sampling test" but there's no way I'm letting anyone get near me with a "Weapon Of Mass Detection".:nonono:

WOW JUST WOW. Good luck dude…. Ya don’t have to be embarrassed because ya have a small wee wee :popcorn:

DW mom did everything right got checks every 2 years, went in for her regular look and had to have rectum removed… rest of her life she had an Ileostomy bag, life changing.

^^^^
:LOL::LOL: Embarrassment and size never crossed my mind, so I guess you are speaking for yourself and/or personal experiences. I'll take my chances, thank you very much.

Last edited:
Colonoscopy procedures are minor events. Going to the dentist for a cleaning is usually more uncomfortable, for me at least.

The preparation work is the worst part as our insides get cleaned out.

^^^^
:LOL::LOL: Embarrassment and size never crossed my mind, so I guess you are speaking for yourself and/or personal experiences. I'll take my chances, thank you very much.

Roll them dice dude. best of LUCK...

Colonoscopy procedures are minor events. Going to the dentist for a cleaning is usually more uncomfortable, for me at least.

The preparation work is the worst part as our insides get cleaned out.

Some of the prep compounds are pretty good these days. At 75 years old when I had my last one, the doc said don't come back for another. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom