2020 Investment Performance Thread

Crazy! I had to check, up 2.96% in 17 days. Making money nothing to it. I really do hate to think of when things go south though.

I did mine over and include the 17th so after today it came to 2.96%

Last edited:
Crazy! I had to check, up 2.8% in 17 days. Making money nothing to it. I really do hate to think of when things go south though.

With your 0.5% WR, that's 5 years of living expenses!

Are you going to cash out that gain, to have it under your belt no matter what comes next? :)

With your 0.5% WR, that's 5 years of living expenses!

Are you going to cash out that gain, to have it under your belt no matter what comes next? :)

^ well, when I did that I didn't have the 17th numbers yet. So I went back and the gains now are 2.96% in 17 days.

No, I'm not going to cash anything in, I don't need it. I'm going ride that bull till it bucks me off! Then get back on and show it I'm not afraid of it and ride it some more. Lol

It is crazy that is all I can say. Everyone is having record numbers just not me and it is fun to see this great time of the markets. It would be actually about 7 years expenses if I cash it in. Let her ride.
Side Note >>> I know bull riders and bronc riders and they take a lot of risk riding that animal. In fact I know many of wranglers all courageous individuals.

Last edited:
I'm now up 3.18%, which is now about a year and a half worth of take-home pay. I think I'll stay home on Monday :p

I'm now up 3.18%, which is now about a year and a half worth of take-home pay. I think I'll stay home on Monday :p

... with your mouse pointer hovering over the "sell" button? :cool:

1.41%. I've got too much cash, but sleeping is pretty important to me.

This thread just made me take a look a Personal Performance YTD today at just over two weeks into the year... 2.8% return. Yes, please.

PLCGX Principal Large Cap Growth up 4.98% YTD, so my 401K is going gangbusters. With this kind of continued performance, I may reconsider my FIRE date.

Yeah, for the time being. I'm trying not to make any sudden moves, although some days it gets hard to find the motivation to come in to work. FWIW, now, instead of 4 months, it looks like my investable assets have "made" about a year and 4 months of my take home pay!

It's time to plan for an exit. Congrats.

I'mma gonna call my broker tomorrow and tell him to sell a hundred grand worth - :)

Robbie are you going to spend it or invest it??

Spend it of course, what were you thinking - :)

LOL! I thought maybe you would put that in savings, CD or something.

Nah, right in the checking account.

-0.10 % through 1/31/20
Swung from green to red on the last day. :(

equities/fixed 61/39

I just totaled up the numbers this morning.
+0.23% as of 1/31/20.

Even though I'm still in positive territory this year, it still feels like a bit of a smackdown. I peaked out on January 17, when I was up around 3.18%. Further, I had breached the $2M barrier for a bit, topping out at $2,019,100. I finally settled in at $1,962,301. So, rather than fret over it too much, I'll be happy with what I've got!

It's still an up month, overall, so that's a good thing, right? I haven't had a down month since August 2019, and that was pretty slight. Last serious down month was April, where I saw about a 5% haircut.

-.08 since Jan. 1st to Feb. 1st 2020.
I'm down well over $100K in 31 days from the high to Feb 1st.

Last edited:
AA 58/42. Equities were down just a tick but bonds were up. YTD TR +0.4%

Back
Top Bottom