2020 Investment Performance Thread

My account is DOWN to 1.99% YTD TPLGX Earlier in January, I was at 4.55% YTD.....but China China, China !

Last edited:
We are up 3.18%

All of our wonderful returns in the last couple of years has been a gift [emoji320]. All of you helped me get so many different perspectives that broadened my knowledge. I became a much more disciplined investor. Not too greedy but also not so timid. [emoji106]

Last edited:
My account is DOWN to 1.99% YTD TPLGX Earlier in January, I was at 4.55% YTD.....but China China, China !

I wrote down the wrong fund in the post above, I am in T-Rowe Price Large cap growth PLCGX....it is up 5.67% YTD, and gave me a new all time high again. thrilled !

+3.39% as of today. high % in payment stocks and remained in bonds. Largest holding is VYM and is slightly down ytd

On 1-31-20, up 1.6%

Mar 1 is gonna be something. Trees do not grow to the sky. Probably will be -6% for our 60/40.

Trees do not grow to the sky...

Worse than that sometimes.

The tallest and largest tree on my lot got hit by lightning. It survived, but quite a bit shorter.

Worse are the trees in Rocky Mountain Park in Colorado. Bark beetles got them all.

My trees are scrub pine and white oak. The tallest worry me now and then.

-3.6% YTD, all-in. 67/30/3. Back to November 2019 closing levels. Ho hum. Not saying I will always be bored, but I think the phrase "nothing to see here" is appropriate, since if it had just gone flat for four months, nobody would be doing that much hand-wringing, would they?

Surprisingly, US, HongKong and Singapore didn't break through rebalance bands, but Canada and Australia did.

Last edited:
Who cares? Short term gains or losses don't mean anything. You have to go 3-5 years to even comment on returns.

My data hasn't updated for today yet, but today wasn't too bad. Yesterday I was at -4.64 so I should be just under 5% loss YTD. 60/40 portfolio which now is closer to 58/42.

ETA:

My data just posted. 5.06% loss YTD (through Friday 2/28). AA has moved to be closer to 56/44. Probably time to rebalance soon back to 60/40.

Last edited:
-3.6% YTD, all-in. 67/30/3. Back to November 2019 closing levels. Ho hum. Not saying I will always be bored, but I think the phrase "nothing to see here" is appropriate, since if it had just gone flat for four months, nobody would be doing that much hand-wringing, would they?

I am out of town, so I haven't done a detailed update, but a quick calc puts us in this range.

Who cares? Short term gains or losses don't mean anything. You have to go 3-5 years to even comment on returns.

I care and I'm not a market timer. I tax loss harvest in my taxable account when appropriate....I try to do Roth conversions on weakness during volatile times....I could go on. After all it is the 2020 investment performance thread and 2020 is only a couple months old.

I couldn't sleep, so I figured I'd get online and total up the numbers. Here's my progress so far this year...

+0.23% as of 1/31/20.
-6.78% as of 2/28/20.

So, seeing it as a percentage, rather than a dollar amount, I feel a bit better. I was actually up around 4.67% on 2/19 though, so off the peak it's more like an 11.4% drop. That seems a bit more evil :-\

At the conclusion of one of the worst weeks ever for US equities, we are down 4.6% on a 60/40 bogleheads portfolio.

Back
Top Bottom