2020 Investment Performance Thread

I was -0.37%.
We both missed out on the extra returns of Treasury/Bond results vs. holding CD's it seems.

I keep thinking that "our day will come" where interest rates rise and the 3-3.5% CDs will make me look like a champ rather than a chump. :D

-.13% 70/17/13

I put CD’s, Stable Value, and MM in cash column. All bonds are from Wellington and T.Rowe retirement fund.

Why not put CDs and SV in bond category rather than cash?

To me they feel more like cash as the values don’t move up and down. With 13% there and a 3% withdrawal I feel good for about 4 years. [emoji3]

Here is graphical representation of asset mix

Attachments

• AAChart.png
    AAChart.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 57
XIRR 0.0% 90/10 I have a significant amount in a Growth fund which carried the rest of the funds. The balance has taken a dip from a couple weeks ago. I figure that mid-February I will put the cash back to work also.

My formula for estimating return is reading -0.3% today. All-in, simple linear spend adjustment on a 67/30/3 allocation.

Well I’m up 0.8% with the traditional money chimp method. That’s on a 61/34/5 AA. I have way too much in corporate debt. Time to shift some to treasuries.

-0.91 to start the year. My Asian fund is dragging down the total, thanks to Coronavirus.

Amazingly retirement assets are YTD very slightly positive, like +0.15%.

-0.35% YTD, with 69/27/4 (stocks/Bonds/Cash) asset allocation.

January 2020

-0.16% Total Portfolio Value Decrease (50/45/5 target)

-0.14% American Funds American Balanced (50/50) Class R-6 RLBGX

+2.12% Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund Admiral VBTLX
-0.08% Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund Admiral VTSAX

+1.28% Vanguard Wellesley Income Fund Admiral VWIAX
+0.35% Vanguard Wellington Fund Admiral VWENX

It's interesting that the simplest 50-50 portfolio design with Vanguard funds above would return the investor +1% approximately.

January +1.0%
Nominally 50/50 equities/fixed

Back
Top Bottom