2020 Investment Performance Thread

As of 2-28-20, down 6.8%

Down 2.71% on 60/40 through yesterday. Luckily still 5+ years before WD potential.

On the positive side, while I had limited continuing pre-tax contributions to getting match only, I have changed to 50% payroll deduction starting 15th to try and jump in on the dip and hopefully profit when this turns back North. Also considering an AA change more heavy to equities, but may wait to see -15% to -20% drop for that move....

As of COB 3/6/2020, S&P500 from Yahoo historical:

3,230.78 - 2019 Close
2,972.37 - 2020-03-06 Close
----------
-8.0% YTD Drop

3,393.52 - 52W High 2020-02-19
2,972.37 - 2020-03-06 Close
----------
-12.4% High Water DROP

Through the end of February, down 2.5% YTD on 36/42/22 allocation. I'll live.

As of this morning 03/12/2020 portfolio is up 3.21%. I sold most of my portfolio back in early February. Allocation is now 8/7/85. Equities allocation never exceeded 18% so I only liquidated 10%.

I also daytrade for income in my Roth account and have been doing very well. Primarily trade SPXU & UPRO, highly leveraged ETFs. Not for the faint of heart.

Looking at getting up to 35% equities in the future. Since put premiums are very costly I will be looking at selling cash covered puts on the SPY, picking levels that may be hit. Probably will start with the SPY at 30% down (may sell some today), Then 35%, 40%, etc. If the market comes roaring back then I get to keep the premiums. If not I start forcing myself to build a portfolio.

I can survive just fine with my current allocation.

You guys are amazing. Last year you captured most of the 28% market gain and this year you are dodging all the losses. Doing much better than I am!

This thread needs to be renamed. I suggest:

The 2020 Investment Lack of Performance Thread

or, for those who see opportunity

The 2020 Investment Return Boosting Thread

Take your pick.

All things considered, the YTD losses aren’t that bad. So far, at least :)

All things considered, the YTD losses aren’t that bad. So far, at least :)

Down 18.1% on the year as of mid day. :greetings10: 129 months to go before ER! Normally I would wait until EOM to report, but with 2 circuit breakers triggered in a week, the midst of a pandemic crisis and oil war, along with US now injecting 1.5T after meeting with Wall St. Late Last night while simultaneously shutting down UK to US travel...

99.5% Equities.

Last edited:
7.43% down for me not including today. 55/45 AA

Yeah, I don't even want to know. I checked a week after the first plunge, and I was still above my starting point 8 months earlier. I'm sure I'm below that now, but I'd rather not know by how much. It's all an abstraction, since I'm just going to sit tight and wait.

Back
Top Bottom