2020 Investment Performance Thread

Down 7.5 on 58/36/6. Could be worse,, could be raining.

First of month balance check, down 6.58% from 1/1/2020 50/50 AA

Down 7.73% ytd. This is "all in" and includes everything except 529b's for the grand kids and the house/cars.

Down 1.8% YTD as of today. I've been taking a few profits, and my nominal 50/50 is now 39/61.

March 2020

-12.54% Total Portfolio Value YTD Change (50/45/5 target)

-11.58% American Funds American Balanced (50/50) Class R-6 RLBGX

+3.27% Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund Admiral VBTLX
-20.87% Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund Admiral VTSAX

-7.41% Vanguard Wellesley Income Fund Admiral VWIAX
-13.79% Vanguard Wellington Fund Admiral VWENX

The weather outside is Sunny with Clouds. Strong winds today after a week of rain.

April 2020

-06.28% Total Portfolio Value YTD Change (50/45/5 target)

-04.59% American Funds American Balanced (50/50) Class R-6 RLBGX

+05.03% Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund Admiral VBTLX
-10.38% Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund Admiral VTSAX

-02.12% Vanguard Wellesley Income Fund Admiral VWIAX
-06.89% Vanguard Wellington Fund Admiral VWENX

I'll state mine tomorrow. If I check, always do it after Friday's close.

XIRR -2.9%

Also down is our spending. We are still in the “Adventure before Dementia “ phase of retirement. We have canceled already booked trips to London, Cornwall, a Cruise and trip to the USA.

Down 9.62% from 9.65% the month before. Hard to make up ground all cash. Oh well, I'm going to ride this for awhile.

Down 8.8% YTD, all-in. This doesn't take any fortitude (yet). If the market just went horizontal for 9 months, and didn't shoot up during the end of 2019, I think the conversation would be quite different, yet we'd be in the same place.

We now down 4% YTD. That wasn't the peak, of course.

In terms of NW, we're still basically back where we were on October 31, 2019. So my anecdotal view of the situation is that we've been paused for 6 months. Given the health and economic crises facing many folks, I feel very fortunate.

The stock market does seem to be disconnected from the reality facing many folks in their day-to-day lives. I'm not certain that situation is ultimately a good outcome for society.

Down about 6.4% YTD. Back to June 2019 levels. So, it is like a year of being flat, but with WAY more volatility.

I read an article in late March that said March 2019 had 2 days that the market moved by 1% or more (either way). In late March this year, there had only been 2 days that the market did NOT move by a point or more.

-3.27% after yesterday's close.

Down approx 5.76162% YTD and 7.58726% off the high.

Did some buying 2 days ago, bad timing. Caused me to fall a full 2% between Thursday and Friday.
Bad market timing. Think I am going to stick with my current AA of approx 40/20/40. Cash just seems like a good idea with all the differing opinions of where this is all going to go in the next few months.

Down approx 5.76162% YTD and 7.58726% off the high.

Did some buying 2 days ago, bad timing. Caused me to fall a full 2% between Thursday and Friday.
Bad market timing. Think I am going to stick with my current AA of approx 40/20/40. Cash just seems like a good idea with all the differing opinions of where this is all going to go in the next few months.

Approximately:confused:?
You should be more exact.:D

Through the end of April, down 5% since the beginning of the year.

I wrote down the wrong fund in the post above, I am in T-Rowe Price Large cap growth PLCGX....it is up 5.67% YTD, and gave me a new all time high again. thrilled !

The above quote was February 8, now 3 months later, rather than up 5.67% YTD, my account took some virus hits, but is rebounding up to -15% (up 3% this week).

Back
Top Bottom