2022 Tax Program Deals

Anyone found any good TurboTax deals for 2022 taxes?

If you can wait until late December Amazon usually offers TT Deluxe Fed & 1 State + $10 Amazon gift card for $39, net cost of $29. The sale happens post-Christmas. I think last year it was 12/27 or 12/28. This is usually the lowest price I see each season.

If you can wait until late December Amazon usually offers TT Deluxe Fed & 1 State + $10 Amazon gift card for $39, net cost of $29. The sale happens post-Christmas. I think last year it was 12/27 or 12/28. This is usually the lowest price I see each season.

Right, I did it lie that one time, no state though. Thanks for the reminder.

Last time I got this in February it was $18 (Deluxe + State) with a $20 coupon code discount from newegg.

I wasn't willing to wait that long, and it's only a few dollars difference.
I do a few tax returns each year to help out older relatives, so I like getting them out of the way quickly.

amazon.com Black Friday sale:

• TurboTax Deluxe Federal & State for Mac 2022 for $46, up from $40 last year

• H&R Block Premium & Business 2022 for $40, same as last year.

Just bought them both. :greetings10:

I went to Newegg last night to purchase the $22.50 H&R Block 2022 Deluxe +State, then realized I had plenty of reward points at Office Depot. So I checked the price at Office Depot and it was still $44.95.

So do I buy it now at Newegg, use points at Office Depot to get it free but pay the full $44.95 price or wait. Decided to wait.

This morning I checked Office Depot and they have it for sale for $22.45. Got it free with reward points and saved $22.50 in rewards points for later usage.

DONE for 2022 Tax Programs.:dance:

Last edited:
amazon.com Black Friday sale:

• TurboTax Deluxe Federal & State for Mac 2022 for $46, up from $40 last year

I’m thinking they’ll do better. Looking for that gift card deal they did the last few years.

I went to Newegg last night to purchase the $22.50 H&R Block 2022 Deluxe +State, then realized I had plenty of reward points at Office Depot. So I checked the price at Office Depot and it was still $44.95.

So do I buy it now at Newegg, use points at Office Depot to get it free but pay the full $44.95 price or wait. Decided to wait.

This morning I checked Office Depot and they have it for sale for $22.45. Got it free with reward points and saved $22.50 in rewards points for later usage.

DONE for 2022 Tax Programs.:dance:

Have you been able to download the program yet?

OOps, I just received the download link, to a bit of time.

I had no idea that so many folks really spend so much time looking for and/or waiting to buy something like this just to save 10 or 15 bucks (+ or -) on a once a year purchase. Sure if my broker gave it away for free, I'd take it too but I'm not going to call them asking for a deal or wait to see if they offer one. Now, if I thought I could save 10, 20 or 30% on a car, sure I'd shop around or maybe even wait "a short period of time", but for a once year $40 to $70 purchase. :nonono: I'd rather use that time for another nap. :)

But, whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:
I had no idea that so many folks really spend so much time looking for and/or waiting to buy something like this just to save 10 or 15 bucks (+ or -) on a once a year purchase. Sure if my broker gave it away for free, I'd take it too but I'm not going to call them asking for a deal or wait to see if they offer one. Now, if I thought I could save 10, 20 or 30% on a car, sure I'd shop around or maybe even wait "a short period of time", but for a once year $40 to $70 purchase. :nonono: I'd rather use that time for another nap. :)

IMHO. It's "fun", " a game ", Who can get the best deal. :dance: The few dollars you save, is not really the "point". It just makes it more interesting;)

Don't be so serious. :greetings10: Have a great Day. :)

IMHO. It's "fun", " a game ", Who can get the best deal. :dance: The few dollars you save, is not really the "point". It just makes it more interesting;)

Don't be so serious. :greetings10: Have a great Day. :)
As I said, whatever floats your boat. :)

Last edited:
Good catch on the Newegg deal. I just downloaded my copy.

Newegg. Good deal. In the process of purchasing. How did you download.?
The site is asking for my mailing address. So they can mail me my copy?
Where on the site, do I click for "download".
Thanks, :)

Update: Got it. After filling in request for mailing address. The site, then asks, how soon would you like to receive the product. Then mentions, free online services.
Site is super slow. Guess, they are getting a lot of requests.

Last edited:
Costco has TT Deluxe (5 fed, 1 state download)$45.99. Also includes $10 off coupon on other TT purchases such as state efile, additonal state downloads, etc.

Last edited:

It’s a secret hobby of many posters here. I suspect all the posting about it is a big part of the fun. People love to find a good deal not matter how small. I have to give DH a hard time sometimes when he’s carefully perusing online deals.

Newegg. Good deal. In the process of purchasing. How did you download.?
The site is asking for my mailing address. So they can mail me my copy?
Where on the site, do I click for "download".
Thanks, :)

Update: Got it. After filling in request for mailing address. The site, then asks, how soon would you like to receive the product. Then mentions, free online services.
Site is super slow. Guess, they are getting a lot of requests.

For me, they emailed me to say "Your Digital Order is Now Ready"

and it was from NewEgg, thanking me for the purchase, included the product key, and had a link that eventually goes to H&R Block to download it.

Attachments

• codenomore.jpg
    codenomore.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 38

I look to save money on every single purchase, not just once a year.

And since I have ~6,205 hours a year to do as I please that leaves plenty of time for everything, including saving a nickel on a can of chickpeas [emoji23]

Plus since I track everything I've saved enough in deals this year to buy a small used car and the year is not over yet.

Since retiring I seem to have way more time than I need to get everything done.

Last edited:
Maybe, as when I look I see only the discount for Mac software (BFDBY2A755), not pc.

How do they run out of digital downloads :confused:
I checked Amazon. At first it said Deluxe+State was only available on Mac. But I put it in my cart for $22 and it worked! I haven't downloaded yet, but seems like Amazon has their PC download sorted.

Too late?

I think so. I just tried and there no promo code for Windows, only Mac :(

Dang I should have been on this forum this morning instead of going to the gym!

Hopefully there will be similar deals between now and year's end.

Well maybe I was rewarded for working out. Went to Amazon and purchased for $22.49 less a $3.00 "Amazon Day Reward", whatever that is...

Thanks @sengsational!

Attachments

• HRB_Amazon.png
    HRB_Amazon.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 205
I think so. I just tried and there no promo code for Windows, only Mac :(

Dang I should have been on this forum this morning instead of going to the gym!

Hopefully there will be similar deals between now and year's end.
If you're looking for H&R Block you can get the same deal online at Office Depot.

**Crossed posts. Great deal.

It’s a secret hobby of many posters here. I suspect all the posting about it is a big part of the fun. People love to find a good deal not matter how small. I have to give DH a hard time sometimes when he’s carefully perusing online deals.
IIRC, a few years ago I played the game once too (just for fun) and bought TT through some on-line reseller for a small discount... I seem to recall running into some sort of authentication/verification problem when I installed TT... I don't recall the details and I worked through the issue pretty quick but that was enough for me. Or as we say here in Texas, "The Juice Ain't Worth The Squeeze" :) Of course YMMV...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom