A new low - this has got to be a joke

Cool Dood

Full time employment: Posting here.
Wow, you think you've heard it all....

I usually ignore the spam my brokerage sends me, but every once in a while it will make it through the filter, or I will randomly decide to have a look just for the hell of it. I knew it was all crap, but boy was I surprised to see their newest investment/retirement tool:

Use BMO Financial Group's unique tool to analyze your handwriting and see how it reflects your outlook on retirement.

Can you believe it? Too funny....

You can try it out here (I didn't go through the whole thing myself, I found just the idea itself funny enough, but there's a ludicrous Flash presentation).

So, does it qualify for a new forum joke? It's important to have a financial adviser if you're planning a good retirement because..... he'll read your handwriting!

he'll read your handwriting!
if they'll analyze a handwriting sample, perhaps they'd analyze a stool sample as well.  i'd guess they have more expertise with the latter.

Their prognosis sounded like a palmreader or a horoscope - very vague.

did you expect something more?

I thought the test presentation was cool so I took it. :)

My flying ts bear witness to my vision. :p

... my sharply peaking 'm's and 'n's bear witness to my "razor-sharp insight" ... this being the same insight to suggest my post above.

i did find it particularly interesting that none of the choices they provided actually resemble my handwriting ... guess i'd better stay out of the market!

That seems fairly unprofessional to me. Lots of things ran through my mind when you posted that. Nothing that would be good to put in writting for these types of boards. The tamest was what the hell...

i am a confident & independent guy. i trust & stick by my own instincts. a natural corporate leader, i am both charismatic & energetic and a my sincere enthusiasm is infectious (don't worry, they have a pill for that now).

i am methodical & careful (& apparently i am also redundant). i like analyzing at least as much as solving problems and i have learned patients in life. as i am a bit of a loner, i work best independently.

creativity for me is a spiritual requirement. i am optimistic & positive, energetic & dynamic . objective & cool under most circumstances (besides road rage),  i am poised for all or nothing. i like organization, clarity & planning.

geez, had my introductory letter with my resume read like that i might have gotten some of those jobs i went after.

I think it must say the same thing for everybody.....

But, I print everything... not many people have seen my cursive writing... my dad did the same thing... must be in the genes.

BMO=Bank of Montreal

Those darn Canadians, what will they think of next? ;)

Nice presentation I enjoyed the moving pencil...but I am easily entertained. :D

Back
Top Bottom