I may inherit lots of money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, technically it goes
Papa was a rolling stone.
Wherever he laid his hat was his home.
And when he died, all he left us was alone.
I think that last line is wonderful. Pure soul. Tip o' the hat to Fermion for bringing that song into the discussion. :)

I was thinking troll a while ago on this one. That's why I like this board; a general absence of stupidity thanks to good mods. Sometimes I'll scroll down some comments on news sites and it just astounds me how some people waste their time spewing vitriol or just stupid things. I mean, what's the point?

He's probably traveling onto another board to start it all over again.
Or this one using another name. Easy enough to change your user ID, computer name, IP address, etc, to avoid detection. Of course that would violate forum rules.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hindsight is 20/20. Any poster who can create that many threads all at the same time and still get a lot of replies- it just can't be. Nobody is that good.

How are you sure? Was his ID banned from posting on this forum then? How did y'all figure out it was a troll?
If you read the latter part of the whole thread, paying particular attention to what the mods posted, you'll know.

I have been tracking a troll over 4 websites who claims to be a flight instructor, a pilot of 4 engine jets, etc. She does not even have a pilot's license!
As a student of abnormal psychology, I wonder what motivates these people?

Walter Mitty syndrome?

An on-topic post, exhibiting bad taste maybe but basically harmless, dull even. Nothing to see here.

Note the caption under his screen name:

"gone traveling" , those people are never heard from again.

-ERD50

Thanks. As long as I've been a member here I didn't know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Well I don't feel bad, actually never did feel bad, but was criticized for being mean to him.

Sunset I don't know whether others criticized you or if you are referring to me, but the only thing I criticized about your post on the original thread was that it was a waste of time mocking housing prices in Alexandria. $2500 is an extremely normal price for a 1 bedroom apartment in Alexandria, but your post read as if you thought that was a falsehood.

Just wanted you to know I didn't think anything was wrong with your posts other than that part being not worthy of time or effort.

He's probably traveling onto another board to start it all over again.

Or this one using another name. Easy enough to change your user ID, computer name, IP address, etc, to avoid detection. Of course that would violate forum rules.:rolleyes:

We have our ways....:D

All top secret of course, else what good would they be?

By continuing to post in this thread we are, in effect, still feeding the troll. He/she could well be viewing this thread as a guest, full of glee at the reactions he/she has caused.

I vote for deleting threads started by anyone who has been identified as a troll. JMO, of course. If you don't give 'em any attention, they go away (unless it's site traffic that is wanted).

We prefer not to delete threads, as even those with issues have legitimate posts that may be of value to some.

We have our ways....:D

All top secret of course, else what good would they be?

Hopefully you don't send out "top secret" information between the other mods and admins in unclassified or insecure "emails".:LOL:

There is a poster on another forum with the Walter Mitty thing going on and the mods never ban him, even though he goes from one fantastical career to another totally unrelated career to life saving hero, month after month.

There is a poster on another forum with the Walter Mitty thing going on and the mods never ban him, even though he goes from one fantastical career to another totally unrelated career to life saving hero, month after month.

Perhaps he brings entertainment value to the forum, as in "What's he gonna do next?":LOL:

Anyone who was taken in and offered advice in good faith need not feel taken advantage of. It's a testament to your generous spirit that you offered advice.

There's also a pretty good chance that someone else reading the replies will also benefit. I know that I learn something from just reading other's responses even when I might also contribute.

No losses here, IMO.

There's also a pretty good chance that someone else reading the replies will also benefit. I know that I learn something from just reading other's responses even when I might also contribute.

No losses here, IMO.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom