Walmart sale on H&R Block tax software

Schedule C is in the 2019 Deluxe version the same as previous years. It's true I don't see the C-EZ form anymore as someone mentioned it's been dropped by the IRS, but I was asked about self-employment income like in previous years and the C and SE forms were filled out, as well as the QBI form (8995).

$24.97 on Amazon. Last year paid $18 on Amazon 11/25/2018.

5% Amazon Prime credit card savings.

H&R Block Deluxe 2019 supported forms and schedules:

https://www.hrblock.com/pdf/HRB-Online-Fed-Forms/deluxe.pdf

That link is for the online version. The download version of Deluxe includes Schedule C in both the forms and the interview - as it always has. Confirmed after downloading and installing today.

The Block-published product comparison chart appears to be intentionally confusing because it says Premium includes "Advanced Schedule C guidance..." which is totally unnecessary for my part time, sole proprietor consulting gig. They did something similar last year too, trying to upsell.

That link is for the online version. The download version of Deluxe includes Schedule C in both the forms and the interview - as it always has. Confirmed after downloading and installing today.

The Block-published product comparison chart appears to be intentionally confusing because it says Premium includes "Advanced Schedule C guidance..." which is totally unnecessary for my part time, sole proprietor consulting gig. They did something similar last year too, trying to upsell.

Thanks, finally some good info! :)

Why didn't H&R make this distinction on the description. My guess is so we'll make the mistake of purchasing the more expensive premier edition. Anyway, thanks to all. I purchased the federal only for $15. A great deal IMO

Just to be 100% clear, you are certain that H&R Block Deluxe download version (not the online) includes full support for Schedule C and can be used with no issues by sole proprietors who don't need "advanced guidance to maximize deductions"? If that's true, I'll buy it for $25 instead of the pricier Premium version.

Bought today from Amazon...lots of forms/schedules still not finalized...waiting for the January update.

Just to be 100% clear, you are certain that H&R Block Deluxe download version (not the online) includes full support for Schedule C and can be used with no issues by sole proprietors who don't need "advanced guidance to maximize deductions"? If that's true, I'll buy it for $25 instead of the pricier Premium version.

Yup, I just clicked through the interview without entering everything - same as last year. Asks about 1099-MISC, 1099-K, reciepts/sales, other income, returns, cost of goods sold, home office, vehicle, business expenses...

And, you can upgrade to Premium if necessary for $20 from within the software.

Yup, I just clicked through the interview without entering everything - same as last year. Asks about 1099-MISC, 1099-K, reciepts/sales, other income, returns, cost of goods sold, home office, vehicle, business expenses...

And, you can upgrade to Premium if necessary for $20 from within the software.

Thanks! H&R definitely uses some effective marketing tricks to get people to buy the Premium version when they really don't need it. I'm usually pretty savvy about these kinds of things (well... I like to think so), but I have to admit they had me completely hoodwinked on this one.

On the other thread I posted how I bought H&R Block for $19.99 plus tax from newegg

Newegg.com has H&R Block Deluxe with State for 19.99 if you get their emails,

I bought it, as this is as cheap as I've gotten it the past 2 years, but not quite the cheapest it has ever been.

https://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/Nov-0-2019/BlackFridayUltimate_ns2ors_29/index-landing.html

If the code does not work, it might be because you are not registered with them to get emails. They let you register at the top of the sales webpage, so perhaps that will work, to enable the codes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom