Blow That Dough - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
A week ago I got back from a fantastic tour of E. Europe (Albania, Bosnia, Montenegro, Croatia, Slovenia). In the afterglow, I just paid off the balance for my trip in May with the same company (South America and Galapagos) and booked one to Romania, Bulgaria and Serbia in September/October of next year.

Hey, the good news is that I'll get almost $200 back from my Costco Visa.:D

Just ordered the iphone 14 Pro Max for DH and myself. Not really BTD as we have the 13 Pro Max to trade in. Haven't even had them for a full year :facepalm:. Now to order the Series 8 watch and trade in our Series 7.

Just ordered the iphone 14 Pro Max for DH and myself. Not really BTD as we have the 13 Pro Max to trade in. Haven't even had them for a full year :facepalm:. Now to order the Series 8 watch and trade in our Series 7.

How much trade in did they give you for the 13 Pro Max?

How much memory did it have?

How much trade in did they give you for the 13 Pro Max?

How much memory did it have?

I received $720 per phone with 256 GB memory. IIRC they only asked me the model of the phone, not the details. With the watch, they wanted the serial numbers. I got $155 for each watch, one with GPS only the other with GPS and cell.

I bought an entry level expresso machine and a decent grinder thinking I could use the grinder for expresso and coffee. Yeah not so much but I have an older capresso for coffee. We mainly drink cappuccino from the expresso so not a big list of things it needs to do. Right this is easy. Except the expresso tastes like goat urine.

Yeah the thousand dollar expresso machine spits steam like a POed dragon on steroids. Turns out you can't use that machine at our altitude because it heats to 200°F but our water boils at 197°. So you need a machine with a PID and double boiler for only $950-$2000 more we can fix that problem. Maybe you'd like to upgrade your grinder too?

Honestly I think this is kinda fun and I can drink the mistakes I care too but I don't think I would have gotten into it had I understood the problems with where we live.

I received $720 per phone with 256 GB memory. IIRC they only asked me the model of the phone, not the details. With the watch, they wanted the serial numbers. I got $155 for each watch, one with GPS only the other with GPS and cell.

I'm uninitiated in this subject. What does Apple do with trade ins? Crush them? Sell them? Donate them? They can't have much intrinsic value (cheap to build the 1 millionth unit.) Just curious. Heh, heh, my Moto Android cost $90 so it would be cool if I could pick up a used 13 for $100. Of course, I wouldn't know what to do with it since I only do basics with my Android.

I'm uninitiated in this subject. What does Apple do with trade ins? Crush them? Sell them? Donate them? They can't have much intrinsic value (cheap to build the 1 millionth unit.) Just curious. Heh, heh, my Moto Android cost $90 so it would be cool if I could pick up a used 13 for $100. Of course, I wouldn't know what to do with it since I only do basics with my Android.

I have no idea. I suspect they are refurbished and resold by 3rd parties? As part of the trade in process, you need to confirm that the phone is in good working order, has no deep scratches and the like. You don't receive the credit until Apple receives and examines the trade in.

The new mattress in the "Captain's Quarters" Same size as the old, but unused.

52353964548_2b28bd1bda_c.jpg

The Admiral is still working on the bedding - :)

^^^^^^^

Yaaaayyy! Looks great. Any "twist and shout stories on the installation?"

Joined in the apple buying spree. Ordered two watch ultras with the ocean bands. DW had an old series 1 watch with no trade in credit available :( but at least it could be recycled...
We've started scuba diving regularly and the new diving app from oceanic was the clincher for us. It looks like they'll be really bright easy to read dive computers.

^^^^^^^

Yaaaayyy! Looks great. Any "twist and shout stories on the installation?"

Yay!, is right. Great that you got that taken care of Robbie.

I bought a couch once for an upstairs bedroom. The sales clerk said unequivocally that the delivery guys would get it up stairs. I had my doubts, but those guys were champs and the muscled it up there. Having seen that, I couldn’t believe your guys couldn’t have gotten a mattress in there. Glad the second try was a charm.

Thinking of buying a golf set. My 7 yr old is getting into the sport. I am ok at it, and had always kind of borrowed my ol man's clubs since I never played that often. I think at 41 its time to get my own (used) set. I am looking at the Taylormade Sim2 Max irons...and will piece together a bag with some drivers that feel good to me. The irons retail for over 1,000 and I can pickup some slightly used ones for $300. Not totally BTD, but by the time I build the set, get the bag, balls, golf glove and shoes...it will be a BTD moment for sure lol.

Thinking of buying a golf set. My 7 yr old is getting into the sport. I am ok at it, and had always kind of borrowed my ol man's clubs since I never played that often. I think at 41 its time to get my own (used) set. I am looking at the Taylormade Sim2 Max irons...and will piece together a bag with some drivers that feel good to me. The irons retail for over 1,000 and I can pickup some slightly used ones for $300. Not totally BTD, but by the time I build the set, get the bag, balls, golf glove and shoes...it will be a BTD moment for sure lol.

Sounds like it is going to be fun with your 7yr old. Great father and son activity. But you aren't done yet. There will be greens fees, renting a cart in most places, maybe joining a CC, and lunch and a drink or ice cream at the 19th hole.

Cheers!

Took my T-100 in for new tires and a front end shake, ask them to replace any front end parts that were worn and do an alignment. Turns out I had a sticky brake rotor and the heat caused the rotor to warp. New front brake calipers, turned rotors, new tires, $1,064. So much easier and quicker than doing it myself. However they didn't do an alignment and it's back in the this morning because it pulls to the right. I'm a little ticked because I ask for it to be done, because of the way the tires were worn. Funny it pulls to the right after the the new tires, but not before.

Bought a new MacBook Air, M2 chip, 1T and a printer. Previous computer is a 2015 macbook pro, still works just fine but DH finally wanted his own computer.
So he gets the older one and I get the new one--works for me!

We went into the Apple store, but they didn't have the color I wanted in stock. The assistant actually saved us a few hundred $ by showing us if we bought online, rather than order from him in the store, it was cheaper. He then put in the order and just had me do the final "buy" click! New printer arrives this week, computer in two weeks.

Sounds like it is going to be fun with your 7yr old. Great father and son activity. But you aren't done yet. There will be greens fees, renting a cart in most places, maybe joining a CC, and lunch and a drink or ice cream at the 19th hole.

Cheers!

It reminds me of when my 12 year old daughter got into horses when we lived in Ca. By the time she was 16, we owned a horse property with a three stall stable, a hay barn, chicken coop, two saddles, all kinds of tack, a trailer, a truck, and a quarter horse.

The cheapest part was the horse.

Then the shows......and the travel.....and the lodging......and the tack......

All worth it!

(Thankfully, she never got into golf too!)

It reminds me of when my 12 year old daughter got into horses when we lived in Ca. By the time she was 16, we owned a horse property with a three stall stable, a hay barn, chicken coop, two saddles, all kinds of tack, a trailer, a truck, and a quarter horse.

Then the shows......and the travel.....and the lodging......and the tack......

All worth it!

(Thankfully, she never got into golf too!)

Heh, heh two daughters were into horses though we never bought any. Very expensive and we had one broken/dislocated shoulder and a broken arm (the girls not the horses.) YMMV

Heh, heh two daughters were into horses though we never bought any. Very expensive and we had one broken/dislocated shoulder and a broken arm (the girls not the horses.) YMMV

My daughter still rides and shows competitively at age 42, but some other guy with hairy legs is covering all the costs now!

My daughter still rides and shows competitively at age 42, but some other guy with hairy legs is covering all the costs now!

One of our girls "outgrew" it and the other married a guy (never noticed his legs:LOL:) who told her that her riding days are over. He's the smart one.

One of our girls "outgrew" it and the other married a guy (never noticed his legs:LOL:) who told her that her riding days are over. He's the smart one.

You two are killing me!!! Funny stuff. Lol

You two are killing me!!! Funny stuff. Lol

We're taking our show on the road in a couple of months!:facepalm: Just working out our act here in a friendly environment.:D

Don't miss us. We're gonna call ourselves the FIRE'd comics!:LOL:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolau
Very expensive and we had one broken/dislocated shoulder and a broken arm.

I worked in an equestrian area and have seen tons of injuries over the years, and unfortunately several fatalities. The wife had horses as a kid on the farm and has no interest in having one now.. I would rather have a Mule anyway... At least she is use to the stubborn part :cool:
But in a BTD thought... I looked at a few side by sides, and then looking around on Craigslist I about fell out laughing...
The SXS I'm looking at was $12K new with a warranty.
Horse and Buggy on CL cost more....

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolau
Very expensive and we had one broken/dislocated shoulder and a broken arm.

I worked in an equestrian area and have seen tons of injuries over the years, and unfortunately several fatalities. The wife had horses as a kid on the farm and has no interest in having one now.. I would rather have a Mule anyway... At least she is use to the stubborn part :cool:
But in a BTD thought... I looked at a few side by sides, and then looking around on Craigslist I about fell out laughing...
The SXS I'm looking at was $12K new with a warranty.
Horse and Buggy on CL cost more....

In one show in California, my daughter competed against a woman who had a mule. Wonderful animal and very trainable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom