Blow That Dough - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent $1100 replacing a entrance door replacement, including labor, for my apartment undergoing a revamp. Past tenant was there for 21 years, normally I upgrade in between tenants, but she was content with the unit. She had three husbands in that time period, she finally bought a house, with the third.

I just spent mucho dinero for a new build in Eastern Tennessee. I've been trying to make the move from Illinois to Tennessee for 6 years. Lots of life happened to put the brakes on moving, but I finally made the decision along with my SO. The build starts in November and will finish 05-23. I have been in a new area of Illinois for over a year, so it won't be much of a shock to move where I don't know anyone(already that way here). It is exciting and a little scary at the same time.

VW

25+ year old porcelain-over-metal crown over a live tooth (back molar, #18?) is now pressure-sensitive enough I don't like to chew on that side, so I'm guessing the dentist will recommend a root canal & new crown when I see them tomorrow.

Since it's hidden has anyone gone with a gold crown?

I'm wondering if that's worth it to reduce wear & tear on the opposing tooth.

Wish I had an extra wisdom tooth lurking below to replace it instead.

Last edited:
25+ year old porcelain-over-metal crown over a live tooth (back molar, #18?) is now pressure-sensitive enough I don't like to chew on that side, so I'm guessing the dentist will recommend a root canal & new crown when I see them tomorrow.

I had a gold crown way in the back for years. It's gone now. Replaced with an implant a couple of years ago. The gold crown could not be seen unless you were up close and looking into my mouth and it gave me no problems at all. Eventually needed a root canal after about 20 years and had the implant done then.

Twenty six hundred for a nice Queen size mattress for the boat.

Our DD is a teacher in NC, We just sent her a check to help with supplies. Evidently they need our help down there.

The Doc who did my root canal told me gold crowns are WAY better, and I read as much on the web later.

-ERD50

Gold is the best and as long as it's not in front that's what I'm getting - :)

We just invested (not spent) $12K for tuition for our granddaughter;s nursing school, with 2 more payments next year.
A person never stands as tall as when they stoop to help a child

Yes indeed, MIT & UCLA. Open that wallet!

Wife would not even try the old mattress. Who knows what evil lurks?

Wife is a bit OCD. Worries too much.

So we’re spending 5 figures saving a local community theater from shutting down (failed HVAC) m. And another $1000 on two other nonprofit endeavors. I’m thankful for itemized deductions!

It feels amazing to BTD for artistic endeavors.

Stayed a week at a nice hotel in a premium room.

But what really made me feel like blowing that dough was to park in their garage when I could have parked outside for half the price. $20 per night. Just to avoid walking in the rain. It rained for one day.

:dance:

Wife would not even try the old mattress. Who knows what evil lurks?

Wife is a bit OCD. Worries too much.

I'm so with your wife on this. Did the same thing way back when bought a pre owned motorohome.

But what really made me feel like blowing that dough was to park in their garage when I could have parked outside for half the price. $20 per night. Just to avoid walking in the rain. It rained for one day.

I wouldn't even consider that BTD. Travel is supposed to be enjoyable.

Bought an old Jeep grille for $300. Along with 9 hours of driving to pick it up in northern Wisconsin and bring it home. Going to make some mancave wall art out of it.

Not a lot of dough, but maybe a lot for a 50+ year old piece of rusted metal

I wouldn't even consider that BTD. Travel is supposed to be enjoyable.

I agree. But the few extra $ on better parking was more enjoyable than the $$$ on the nice room I stayed in.

I know. I'm weird. :D

Reading through the posts, there some great BTD events. Why not, if we can, we should.

Just booked a car service, which we have never done before. We are going to Hawaii in February for our 40th anniversary, and did not want to leave our vehicle at the airport for two weeks. I think it is a good blow that dough!

We will be driving to DC next month to get DW's Maltese Citizenship and my Maltese passport. ~$50 a night for parking alone, luckily the hotel will be on points.

We are paying for one DS and his family trip to the U.S. next month. after they told us of their plans, we made the offer. Their reaction was "but we would not be staying with you most of the time!" We said that did not matter, just enjoy the gift. The compromise was we will pay for the flights, they will pay for anything else they need.

We are also planning pay for MIL to see them. She has never met her great-grandkids in person and, at 92, who knows how many more chances she will get. She would rather get out of the house and is still able to fly, so we will likely fly her to our location to meet them.

We are paying for one DS and his family trip to the U.S. next month. after they told us of their plans, we made the offer. Their reaction was "but we would not be staying with you most of the time!" We said that did not matter, just enjoy the gift. The compromise was we will pay for the flights, they will pay for anything else they need.

We are also planning pay for MIL to see them. She has never met her great-grandkids in person and, at 92, who knows how many more chances she will get. She would rather get out of the house and is still able to fly, so we will likely fly her to our location to meet them.

Best BTD I've heard in a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom