Daily WORDLE - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So time has passed and I want to briefly mention Fri and Sat's puzzles. In my opinion, both were difficult because both:
- Used "I" as the only vowel
- Had duplicate letters. In the case of "vivid", two duplicates, including the scrabble-rare "v" doubled up.

Tough stuff, man!
"V" is a rare letter, so isn't in my 3, or even 4 word starting set. Compound that with being doubled and it's a challenge. My starting words cover the vowels, so I could be pretty sure it was a repeated "I". And I was inclined in that situation to presume a repeat "D", but *idid and di*id didn't work.

Wordle 253 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

bogied today. Relatively short putt for par, but guessed wrong.

Do you think that Wordl avoids nouns ending in "S" like BIRDS? Have you ever seen an instance of this?

I suspect this can be eliminated from consideration but a web search does not answer my question.
Yes, I just looked at every answer back to Jun 19, 2021 and while there have been words ending in β€œs”, none are simple plurals of a 4-letter word. Of course NYT could change that (though not so far).
30.5% of the guesses list are words ending in "s" and quick inspection shows myriad plurals. The answers file, shows only 1.5% words ending in "s", and quick inspection shows no plurals.

In wordle, I'm not concerned about my number of guesses. When you have __ONE, and it could be either CLONE or CRONE, that's not skill - it's a coin toss.

Instead, I set a time limit (something I do with all puzzles). If I can't get the word in less than 3 minutes, I've "lost."

In wordle, I'm not concerned about my number of guesses. When you have __ONE, and it could be either CLONE or CRONE, that's not skill - it's a coin toss.

Instead, I set a time limit (something I do with all puzzles). If I can't get the word in less than 3 minutes, I've "lost."
I would not have my streak of 42 if I gave myself a time limit, or if I played in "hard mode".

In the "rabbit hole" puzzle (like "_ _ o n e"), I'm thinking there's still room for skill. First, skill in thinking up words that fit (alone, atone, clone, drone, ozone, phone, prone, scone, shone, stone), then taking those letters (c, h, l, p, r, s, t, z) and making up words that use those (clasp, heart). Ok, so I didn't get the z, but you get the idea. I think "easy" and "hard" modes are not named appropriately, since this exercise, not applicable for hard mode, isn't easy!

Wordle 253 5/6*

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Last edited:
Wordle 253 3/6

⬜��⬜⬜��
⬜⬜������
����������

2nd time I have ever played Wordle and got very lucky. I'm honestly surprised the inventor of Mastermind didn't sue!

Wordle 253 2/6

��⬛��⬛��
οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½

There are streaks in Wordle? Are they "I remembered to play every day" or "I haven't yet hit 6 guesses with no word" streaks?

I like Wordle, crosswords, etc., but refuse to play any game that insists on being a daily habit. To me, that turns it into w*rk.:LOL: E.G. Daily Duolingo practice is work.

I would not have my streak of 42 if I gave myself a time limit, or if I played in "hard mode".

!

^^^ If you enjoy what you’re doing, it’s not work. You don’t have to play every day either.

I've been re- learning Spanish on Duolingo and enjoying it greatly.
So happy how much is coming back from 50 years ago!

I'm amused by their texts that my 5 day streak is in jeopardy if I don't immediately do a lesson.
Yeah, no. I'm retired and listen to very very few demands��

I know! So guilt-inducing to watch the little green owl hopping anxiously up and down :LOL: And then you get the smug announcement that "you found a streak freeze," like you're supposed to breathe this big sigh of relief.

I'm amused by their texts that my 5 day streak is in jeopardy if I don't immediately do a lesson.

Wordle 254 4/6

[emoji833]🟨[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833]🟨[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833][emoji833]🟨🟩[emoji833]
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 254 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

No guessing today, good choices in eliminating letters.

Wordle 254 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Late last week, DW got her new, very thin lensed glasses after cataract surgery in both eyes the previous 6 weeks. Finally, she was legal to drive! So, over the weekend we drove to our condo in Bradenton, FL. This mornings Wordle was on the Lania overlooking the golf course with a cup of Irish Breakfast tea. It was heavenly, even if I had lost!

Last edited:
Wordle 254 4/6

90 seconds.

⬜⬜��⬜��
⬜����⬜��
⬜����⬜��
����������

Bogey darn it…

Wordle 254 5/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛