I will not be playing this again. It brought me zero joy, just pain. :(

Wordle 254 3/6*

[emoji834][emoji834][emoji834][emoji834]🟩
[emoji834][emoji834][emoji834][emoji834]🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 254 2/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

The gods were with me today. Could this be a harbinger? Maybe stocks will close up today. :dance:

30.5% of the guesses list are words ending in "s" and quick inspection shows myriad plurals. The answers file, shows only 1.5% words ending in "s", and quick inspection shows no plurals.

Somehow your comment got cutoff on my end.

I now see that you said "quick inspection shows no plurals". The underlined words did not show on the screen because they were colored white.

Was this on purpose? If so it was a pretty slick way of transmitting info. Are you in the CIA? ;)

In wordle, I'm not concerned about my number of guesses. When you have __ONE, and it could be either CLONE or CRONE, that's not skill - it's a coin toss.

Instead, I set a time limit (something I do with all puzzles). If I can't get the word in less than 3 minutes, I've "lost."

Now to me putting a 3 minute time limit makes this *work*. But hat's off to you for raising the bar on yourself. :greetings10:

The gods were with me today. Could this be a harbinger? Maybe stocks will close up today. :dance:
There's bad news all around, so I fully expect the stock markets to be *up* today and our bond funds to crater even further. :mad: I hate the financial world these days.

Back to WORDLE. Another 4 today.

One of the most pleasant aspects of this thread is it’s just about a game, and we can forget about the world for a few minutes ..l

Happy with 5 today, as had no letters in place through 4 guesses.

I would not have my streak of 42 if I gave myself a time limit, or if I played in "hard mode".

In the "rabbit hole" puzzle (like "_ _ o n e"), I'm thinking there's still room for skill. First, skill in thinking up words that fit (alone, atone, clone, drone, ozone, phone, prone, scone, shone, stone), then taking those letters (c, h, l, p, r, s, t, z) and making up words that use those (clasp, heart). Ok, so I didn't get the z, but you get the idea. I think "easy" and "hard" modes are not named appropriately, since this exercise, not applicable for hard mode, isn't easy!

+1 fits how I think and play.

Daily WORDLE - please, no spoilers!

I’ll continue playing hard mode. And take SS at ??
Happy with three today.

Wordle 254 3/6

[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]🟩
[emoji833]🟨[emoji833][emoji833]🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 254 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Good thing the only word I could think of for guess 3 was the right one!

Was this on purpose? If so it was a pretty slick way of transmitting info. Are you in the CIA? ;)
Yes. Not the CIA question...the on purpose question! By selecting the text and assigning the color to white, it's less likely to be seen by someone who might consider the knowledge to be a spoiler.

New starting words today [spoil, dutch, yearn] (not in that order) and that fed me an easy par .
Wordle 254 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 254 3/6

⬜⬜��⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜����
����������

Hard mode made it hard today, even though I had a lot of green.

Wordle 255 5/6*

🟩⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟨🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 255 4/6

[emoji833]🟨[emoji833]🟨[emoji833]
[emoji833][emoji833]🟨[emoji833][emoji833]
🟨[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I think I spent more time on this one than any before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom