Poll:Do you make your bed every day?

Does your bed get made every day?

• Yes

Votes: 193 64.8%
  • No

Votes: 105 35.2%

• Total voters
Kinda. I don't actually make the bed, unless someone is coming over. But in the morning I fold down the bedding somewhat neatly so that the mattress can air out all day. In the evening, I just have to pull up the bedding.

I'm a lark. DH is a night owl. So if I made the bed when I got up, I'd only be able to make half the bed, LOL. I sometimes make it later though, sometimes DH does it. Probably 1/2 the time it is made. I made my bed every day until I married my night owl.

Every day, joint effort immediately after we get up.

Yes, every day. If we get up at the same time, we make it together. If one of us sleeps in, that person makes it.

Yes, daily, it puts things in order. Just as I have a clean and orderly winery in garage/shop, it makes for good winemaking.

I do, and for exactly these reasons. I like starting the day off accomplishing a task.

Yes. I make it every day. I HAVE to live in a neat house. DH does not "need" to, but appreciates a neat house. It makes for a serene atmosphere. The "made" bed is just part of the overall neat house. I was not this neat as s child, but lived in a house maintained the same way, so I attribute this to my upbringing.

I also love a clean house, but hate cleaning, so the cleaning is farmed out.

We probably make it 1/2 the time... we both prefer to have it made but always bother to do it.

The rule at my house is the last one to get up makes the bed.... I get up early. :)

A made bed is a great thing to look forward to when you crawl back in for the next night’s sleep.

A made man is another thing entirely.

Of course not, that's crazy talk. I can't imagine why anyone would want to waste the time and energy needed to do something so pointless. I will somewhat make the bed on the rare occasion I think someone else might be coming into my bedroom(virtually never). Other than that, WHY!?

If we don't make the bed, both cats will spend the day under the top sheet and we would be covered in cat fur every night. That's why!!

Flip covers inside out onto airing rack, flip pillows upside down onto chairs, sheets to outside line to get some sun and breeze, rotate mattress weekly. Come back in 2.5 hours to remake bed. crawl into bed exhausted; done for the day.

Reality: I flip the covers and sheet up as straight as possible on my side without dragging them across my gal's face and nose and she smooths the bed out after she gets up after coffee. Have to have the bed fairly tidy or the cat gives us dirty looks while trying to sleep on it during the day.

We make the bed when we are entertaining.

Other than that, we only make the bed after pulling the laundry out of the dryer. We both take naps most days and don't feel the need to waste time making the bed.

If we don't make the bed, both cats will spend the day under the top sheet and we would be covered in cat fur every night. That's why!!

Have to have the bed fairly tidy or the cat gives us dirty looks while trying to sleep on it during the day.

Oh you cat people. Must make bed for cat.:facepalm:

Our dog doesn't want to sleep in a bed unless some one else is already there. And then she politely asks if she can come up:LOL::LOL:. No, really, she gives a little woof. She's coming up anyway, so maybe it is really a warning.

yeah, and dogs are supposedly man's best friend, but who's ever seen a cat tell the cops where the weed is hidden?

Our little dust ball cat just stomps across us when she heads for the location she wants to sleep in.

I answered no, but my wife makes it about 50% of the time. Not as interested in making the bed once I read that making the bed everyday actually will generate more bed mites than if you don't make the bed.

DW & I have a rule...whoever is last out of the bed has to make it. I usually end up making the bed.

yeah, and dogs are supposedly man's best friend, but who's ever seen a cat tell the cops where the weed is hidden?

Our little dust ball cat just stomps across us when she heads for the location she wants to sleep in.

Well Played :LOL::LOL::LOL:

But, then again, the cat has catnip (weed for cats). She won't narc on you, cause they might take hers too.:angel:

No, It has never been my habit because I was in a hurry. Now, DH is still in the bed when I get up and I don't usually go back upstairs to the bedrooms until bedtime.

Back
Top Bottom