Prince Harry -

I don't know how being interested in this story is equal to celebrity worship, but now that I am an expert on British royalty thanks to The Crown (and very interested in whether Queen Elizabeth thinks Claire Foy or Olivia Colman was better at portraying her), I do wonder whether this decision might weaken public support for maintaining the monarchy, and imagine that is on the royals' minds.

I’m disappointed by the whole decision. Now who’s going to lead the invasion of France?

Right. There are tons of people born to extreme privilege who we've never heard of, and never will. They get to enjoy the benefits of wealth without having the media hiding in the bushes everywhere they go.

But as far as Markle, what did she think was going to happen?

I don't think she was prepared for the vicious attacks on her race and her child's race .The British press is vicious .

Honestly, I think celebrity worship is mostly a product of nightly news as well as very busy publicity orgs. People would quickly forget them if they weren’t covered all the time.

Bread and circuses...

Race aside, how the press treated her deceased mother in law should've been a tipoff.
I don't think she was prepared for the vicious attacks on her race and her child's race .The British press is vicious .

My favorite recent meme:
30 something moves out of his Grandmom's place, quits his allowance, has to find a job.

Why does no one get this excited about the Dutch Royalty?

And that has zero to do with the thread topic.
Just pointing out a group who were big admirers of Ed 8. It was brought up that he was admired by many & thought I'd build on that. Don't know what the issue is.

gerntz, my point was that Harry would not be the first royal to relinquish his responsibilities. "Admiration" was in the context of the romantics who found his doing so "for the woman I love"; nothing more.
My grandparents had met him socially while he was in the Bahamas and found him memorable
I should have been more clear

Just pointing out a group who were big admirers of Ed 8. It was brought up that he was admired by many & thought I'd build on that. Don't know what the issue is.

Last edited:
Harry is so far down the line I can see his point to just move on with less of the BS fairy tale motions they have to go through.

As far as financially, I bet they have boat loads full. I also would bet the royal family wouldn't let them starve to death if it cam to that.

They are 100% safe to retire is my guess enough at the young age of mid 30's.

Have fun do what they want and have a life.

Last edited:
Does anyone want to volunteer to take over his royal duties?
Could be an interesting post-retirement gig.

I could never do a job that depended on what everybody (including a vicious press) thought about me and my family.

They are 100% safe to retire is my guess enough at the young age of mid 30's.

Are you sure? Did they put their numbers in Firecalc to be sure they are good to go?

:D

Help Harry with his royal duties so Harry can help Archie with his royal doodies?

Back
Top Bottom