Transitioning to USB-C

If I had an unlimited budget for computer equipment, I would have bought the 27" 5K IMac fully loaded...

I'm typing this on my new 27" iMac (4.2 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD). The model is 'mid 2017'. It's replacing an 'early 2008' MacPro that has served me well. The cost is painful, but heck, I've been buying Apple computers since the very beginning - 1978 - and I'm not going to stop now. Call me obstinate. :cool:

I'm not worried about the USB-C interface - there will be adapters available when necessary. :greetings10:

I got my MacBook Pro this week as well. Sounds like a lot of new Apple computer owners on the forum here.

I really love the new laptop and the size is perfect for me. My only challenge is that I like to take it to the gym with me, which takes me half an hour to walk to. I've tried placing the MacBook in my backpack and I find that after half an hour my shoulders just hurt. I tried ordering the lightest weight backpack I could find on Amazon so I'll give that a try on my morning walk tomorrow. Otherwise I may have to order a MacBook just for my morning walks.:angel:

But otherwise the laptop is great. I bought the LG 4K monitor, which with a single USB-C cable provides audio, video and power. So a single cable is all I need to have a complete desktop set up. Really slick.

I'm typing this on my new 27" iMac (4.2 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD). The model is 'mid 2017'. It's replacing an 'early 2008' MacPro that has served me well. The cost is painful, but heck, I've been buying Apple computers since the very beginning - 1978 - and I'm not going to stop now. Call me obstinate. :cool:

I'm not worried about the USB-C interface - there will be adapters available when necessary. :greetings10:
We have an early 2015 27" iMac with 5K display, and it's still fabulous! I assume yours is a 5K display? The price has come down quite a bit since early 2015.

Back
Top Bottom