What did you do today? 2018 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was reaching for the net, this cutthroat jumped, from about six feet away, right into my lap in my kayak.

mCZtThs.jpg

And here he is after baking with bacon and butter and liquid smoke:

99enIQX.jpg

It committed fish-icide! :LOL: Love most fish and seafood. Trout is high on the list.

Hang in there buddy. As we and our friends get older, more and more of them with be afflicted.

Thanks, Keith...it just appears to be "A Rush To The Exit" right now....too much at once.

Learned that my oldest friend's wife has been diagnosed with lung cancer that has spread to her brain, (inoperable)......I've known him for close to 52 years, and her almost as long.

I try to remain positive, but it hasn't been a good day.
Thanks, Keith...it just appears to be "A Rush To The Exit" right now....too much at once.

Oh Nemo2, I am so sorry to read about this.

I have been noticing the rush to the exit too, right now. It's so sad. My ex-husband's body was found on June 9th. He died in April, under the most horrific circumstances imaginable. No, worse than that! Hideous, nightmarish. I just can't even talk about it, and haven't mentioned it here up to now for that reason.

Anyway I feel for you and what you are going through. I guess it's always possible that the chemo or radiation therapy might help but I agree it looks awfully grim.

Frank and I have been pointing out to one another about what rock stars and other celebrities from our youth are still living. Some are still active and going on tours, although many have died. Anyway, focusing on those who are still living and active makes us appreciate them even more.

The 70's seem to be the point at which friends die or get awful diseases .I have two friends recently diagnosed with Parkinson's .

I have been noticing the rush to the exit too, right now. It's so sad. My ex-husband's body was found on June 9th. He died in April, under the most horrific circumstances imaginable. No, worse than that! Hideous, nightmarish. I just can't even talk about it, and haven't mentioned it here up to now for that reason.

Anyway I feel for you and what you are going through. I guess it's always possible that the chemo or radiation therapy might help but I agree it looks awfully grim.

Frank and I have been pointing out to one another about what rock stars and other celebrities from our youth are still living. Some are still active and going on tours, although many have died. Anyway, focusing on those who are still living and active makes us appreciate them even more.

Sorry to hear about you ex. Sounds awful.

Reactions: W2R
I just can't even talk about it, and haven't mentioned it here up to now for that reason.

Sincere sympathy, W2R. That had to be such a difficult thing to deal with, no matter what the circumstances.
But you're strong and will get over it. All best wishes.

My ex-husband's body was found on June 9th. He died in April

W2R: IIRC, you were collecting SS spousal until you just hit 70 recently and switched to your own benefit with delayed credits. Not sure if you're aware, but I believe you're eligible for a SS survivor for the time following his passing instead of spousal. Which is the full benefit as opposed to 50% FRA. Not something to take any pleasure in under the circumstances, but they make the rules, you just follow them.

To all, it saddens me to read these, knowing that we've also seen a few cases of folks passing too soon, in some cases way too soon. :(

Oh my I'm so sorry. That had to be a big shock to find out about your ex's death.

I'm so sorry, this must be so upsetting to both you and your DD. You have my sympathy.

The 70's seem to be the point at which friends die or get awful diseases .I have two friends recently diagnosed with Parkinson's .
One of the guys in the clubhouse just diagnosed with Parkinson's. He is 73.
Very depressed. No family here.

Gym day, followed by going to the local Mom 'n Pop appliance store and buying a new washing machine to replace the 15-year-old Kenmore that is making noises like a cement mixer. And $50 off for a small dent on the lower left side that had it not been pointed out, likely neither one of us would have noticed. And delivery is scheduled for tomorrow between 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM.

I asked how long the store had been there and the guy said he wasn't sure, but pointed to an unused antique-looking cash register and said that had been there since 1928.

Then on to SIL's house to pick up the mail and put the trash can back in the garage after pickup. They'll be back from a vacation trip in a couple of days.

A bunch of kids who participate in a day camp at the local humane society came out to our dog club to experience running a dog on an agility course. My English shepherd Alfie was one of the "demo dogs," and he got a good workout. Didn't pee or poop on anyone's yard, either. :angel:

Here's a photo of Alfie at work:
1-21-17 (96).jpg

A bunch of kids who participate in a day camp at the local humane society came out to our dog club to experience running a dog on an agility course. My English shepherd Alfie was one of the "demo dogs," and he got a good workout. Didn't pee or poop on anyone's yard, either. :angel:

Here's a photo of Alfie at work:
View attachment 28802

Alright!!!!! Go Alfie!

The Deck Farm...

I spent the entire day transplanting rooted tomato clones and a few short season melons into huge planters. I watered myself with the garden hose pointed skyward to keep my body cooled down. I had a few cold brewskis on ice with lime juice for hydration, nourishment, and inspiration. ;)
My passion about container gardening has really grown in the past few years. I'm in upstate NY, so I have to stick with dwarf or short season veggies. I've built 3 homemade A frame greenhouses out of common wood studs and 6 mil VisQueen plastic. They are not permanent structures, but work really well as season extenders.
I'm not going vegetarian or vegan, however I am making every effort to eat more good stuff in my diet. I grow a mean container of leaf lettuce and Chinese cabbage ! :LOL:

I went to the gym today by myself, DW is still suffering with myositis, inflammation of her leg muscles. She sees her PCP tomorrow, hopefully more steroids and perhaps she can grovel for some hydrocodone(please, may I have more?)

Since she's unable to join me I've been starting to jog on the treadmill and have been enjoying it. Normally the treadmill was a warm up before weights. I started trying to jog a mile and now doing 2.5. My BP has started to improve, leading less medication. I'm on a beta blocker that also means my heart rate is able to go higher. It's an interesting problem to have.[emoji23] I don't mind my heartrate running high during exercise, but sometimes it runs hot most of the night afterwards. Tonight it's not doing that, two hours ago it was. I sure wish there were a pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom