What did you do today? - 2021 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut down and blocked up a couple of large dead aspen yesterday for a friend. That should see him through the winter. I bought a gasoline powered splitter last year and have been splitting wood I collected last year for the last week or so. I didn't burn any wood last year because I was doing drywall upstairs where the wood stove is. This year I will burn wood, but it should be a lot less now that I have fully insulated and drywalled walls and ceilings up there.

I bought a gasoline powered splitter last year and have been splitting wood I collected last year for the last week or so.

Oh, how I longed for one of those when I was splitting wood by hand and couldn't afford it! And of course now that it's easily affordable we don't have a wood-burning fireplace.:facepalm:

Today I used the 4,000 psi pressure washer to clean off the concrete front porch, sidewalk, and driveway. The porch is on the north side of the house so that and part of the sidewalk never get any direct sunlight and are prone to getting mold or mildew, or whatever it is. I always liked the "brute force" aspect of cleaning stuff with a pressure washer. DW likes it too, but she's more interested in the result than the process.

Tired from the wedding last night but decided late morning to go to ranch and work on an old harrow. I got the harrow in operation and went over about an acre of ground to loosen up for seeding some alfalfa next spring.

Going bow hunting soon for a few hours.

Was out on my bicycle late afternoon riding home through a local park and an off leash German shepherd charged and attacked me. Only casualty was a torn up rear tire where the beast bit through the sidewall.

Owners response … “I shouldn’t be riding my bike in the park!”

We exchanged information but I highly doubt the irresponsible dog owner will be coughing up $60 for a new tire anytime soon.

^ I have had a few encounters of them chasing me also. I had one nip at my heel one day. I stopped and the dogs owner was calling the dog back and it finally went back. I told them they were very lucky that dog didn't bite me. I said if it had you would be hearing from my attorney soon. They just laughed.

Was out on my bicycle late afternoon riding home through a local park and an off leash German shepherd charged and attacked me. Only casualty was a torn up rear tire where the beast bit through the sidewall.

Owners response … “I shouldn’t be riding my bike in the park!”

We exchanged information but I highly doubt the irresponsible dog owner will be coughing up $60 for a new tire anytime soon.

I’m glad it was just your tire. A long time ago some loose collies got me on the back of the knee and thigh. Had to get a tetanus shot and then a lawyer. If they had knocked me down it could have been much worse.

^ I have had a few encounters of them chasing me also. I had one nip at my heel one day. I stopped and the dogs owner was calling the dog back and it finally went back. I told them they were very lucky that dog didn't bite me. I said if it had you would be hearing from my attorney soon. They just laughed.
I mostly have dog problems when I'm walking my dog. I always carry a can of Halt. It is very effective on the aggressive dogs but throws the owners into an indignant rage. "How dare you defend yourself!?" :rolleyes:

I mostly have dog problems when I'm walking my dog. I always carry a can of Halt. It is very effective on the aggressive dogs but throws the owners into an indignant rage. "How dare you defend yourself!?" :rolleyes:

Don't you hate it when you feel you need to wear a 357 on your hip when you go for a walk? A 12-gauge across your chest?

Got on the roof and blew it and the gutters clean. Full of leaves and twigs from the tree work. Now ready for (please pretty please) the rain.

Re hung the bedroom TV in a new location after removing for painting.

I think about getting a can of bear spray almost every time I'm out riding. I then think of the owners reaction if I had to use it. I guess the only reason I have not got one for bike riding is I didn't want the problem of them going ballistic or having legal actions against me for spraying their dog. I'm sure if they too me to court even though I was defending myself I would loose. A sad world sometimes.

When I used to ride long distance, I found that a blast from the water bottle surprised dogs enough that they stop chasing.

I also carry Halt when hiking with my leashed dog. If there was any justice, I would spraying the unleashed dog's owner.

Tired from the wedding last night but decided late morning to go to ranch and work on an old harrow. I got the harrow in operation and went over about an acre of ground to loosen up for seeding some alfalfa next spring.

Going bow hunting soon for a few hours.

Such ambition, I don't know if it was because I was the Mother of the bride but I spent at least 3 days drinking coffee and watching TV..(except for milking cows)

Noticed this morning that several people in the neighborhood had put their Halloween yard decorations out this weekend. Some of them are fairly extensive, and don't even include the really heavy hitters yet.

I've never lived anywhere else where yard decorations (except for Christmastime) have been so early and so extensive. They will stay up for over two more months and Thanksgiving decorations will just be added to them around late October, which is about when the Christmas decorations will start appearing in stores.

Such ambition, I don't know if it was because I was the Mother of the bride but I spent at least 3 days drinking coffee and watching TV..(except for milking cows)

Lol!
ivinsfan, I like to stay busy. I did get a great night's thou.

The young wife and I took the roadster out for a spin. We drove over to Guilford, CT, where we picked apples at Bishop's Orchard. It was a beautiful day for both a top down drive and picking apples. Sunny and not too hot. I'm looking forward to an apple pie in the not too distant future.

Attachments

• Apples in tree.jpg
    Apples in tree.jpg
    535.7 KB · Views: 48
Sounds exciting for a nice day trip Gumby.

Went jeeping with a group of 4 topless Jeeps yesterday. Breakfast followed by several hours of driving country roads. Went by an accident scene where a motorcycle missed a curve and ended up in the ditch. Paramedics were working on the rider but he did not survive. Sad reminder that life can end in an instant.

Took a road trip to the coast yesterday, beautiful warm weather, no jacket needed!
Today will be spent watching DGS while Mom is at an appointment. He's two, so we will be busy :)

Went to Costco for my usual 0900-1000 "Senior hour" shopping this morning. Since there was a steady light rain falling, there were hardly any customers in the store. As I walked past the pharmacy I saw two employees behind the counter but no customers, so I asked if I could get a flu shot. The clerk was delighted that she actually had something to do, so I was done in less than 10 minutes. Got the high dose shot again. Zero reaction, as usual. I sure wish Costco was less than a 30 minute drive for me; it's a great store!

Mowed the back yard, then changed out the mower blade for the spare, then sharpened/balanced the blade I'd just taken off and set it aside for the next changeover.

Yesterday afternoon I took DH to an eye appointment that we expected to take 15 minutes but took almost 1.5 hours. Ugh. So I was severely behind on getting materials out for our Tuesday evening church board meeting. Then I realized at 11pm that Google Groups seemed to have a plumbing problem as none of the materials had gone out. Fortunately this morning they had all finally been processed.

Today was finishing up some details for that meeting, writing 3 sympathy cards for the husband and young sons of a friend who died of cancer at 50 (pro tip: there are few sympathy cards out there for children or teens), taking DH to the dentist, returning a recalled product to Costco, and picking up some Schlotzky's hot sauce to take to my sister next week when I visit. (TSA is not amused when they find 4 bottles of hot sauce in my checked bag every time I do this.). Making a new pork chop recipe for early dinner before the board meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom