What did you do today? - 2023/2024 version

Our second last day of 6 weeks in Mazatlán, tomorrow we fly home. We went for a walk, did laundry, met friends for lunch, and packed our bags. Tomorrow we'll empty the fridge and give our remaining food to some friends. Then it's back to winter.

Good news!!! Youngest daughter, my bad a$$ cardiac ICU nurse, finally received her nurse license transfer to Massachusetts for an ICU job at MassGeneral Hospital. Plans to get her moved from Ohio to Boston can now proceed.

In two weeks will fly to Ohio, help her pack up her apartment, and road trip in a moving truck with two cats to Boston. Good times!!

Very proud of this kid. She’s our youngest and has no hearing. She has figured out how to succeed in a very intensive and extremely high pressure environment. Fun to watch how high this kid can fly!!!

That is awesome!! She must have had great teachers in life. Thanks for sharing that.

Been doing lots of woodworking to get a couple projects done before we head west on a road trip. Did so much hand sanding that my fingerprints no longer work for computer and iPad fingerprint logins.

That is funny!!! You are working way to hard!

Taking a brief "break" from the grandkids (almost 4 and 2) who (along with DS and DDIL) are in town from overseas. After a week in DC chasing them through the airport, playgrounds, museums, and parks, and babysitting to allow DS and DDIL some quiet time, we are happily tired. Now we are resting while the family visits some friends for a day... then the action starts back up tomorrow night :).

I like that statement and sums it up perfect! I will have to remember those word after having the kids. Lol

Good news!!! Youngest daughter, my bad a$$ cardiac ICU nurse, finally received her nurse license transfer to Massachusetts for an ICU job at MassGeneral Hospital. Plans to get her moved from Ohio to Boston can now proceed.

In two weeks will fly to Ohio, help her pack up her apartment, and road trip in a moving truck with two cats to Boston. Good times!!

Very proud of this kid. She’s our youngest and has no hearing. She has figured out how to succeed in a very intensive and extremely high pressure environment. Fun to watch how high this kid can fly!!!
Congrats. Mass General is a well known hospital and an ICU nurse draws a very good salary around Boston. Probably one of the most renown cities for healthcare. Of course it is also a very expensive place for housing. Hopefully she'll have some left over for FIRE goals.:)

Played around with the new tiller, just to make sure that everything works. It does. Also installed a fuel valve on it to turn the fuel off when not in use.

A common complaint with this tiller in reviews is difficulty in shifting gears, from forward to reverse or reversing the tine rotation and such. It does not have a synchromesh transmission. As I suspected, the "secret" is to feather the engagement lever to turn the gears gently while shifting, but not so hard that you're grinding gears. Then it works fine. This is mentioned in the manual, but you have to read the manual to find it. Ham-handed people and this tiller will not get along. Nor will people who can't be bothered to RTFM.

I only tilled a little bit, about 10 feet as it is way to early for any tilling, but my first impression is that I'm going to like this a lot. Now I wish I'd bought it years ago.

Helped out with the can and bottle drive for my church's youth group this afternoon. They are a nice and enthusiastic group of kids, and it is fun working with them.

Tonight, the young wife and I are going out to her favorite restaurant for dinner to celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary.

A little woodworking. Went to a funeral service. Then went to REI and bolstered their bottom line. Then dinner at a Greek restaurant. Now in Athletica waiting on DW.

Awe, puppies are so cute!

DH and I have been thinking of a new dog. It's been about 8 months since our last guy went over the rainbow bridge and my heart is about ready to be open to a new little fur baby.
Just not sure if we want a pup to potty train or an older dog.
Decisions.....

Helped out with the can and bottle drive for my church's youth group this afternoon. They are a nice and enthusiastic group of kids, and it is fun working with them.

Tonight, the young wife and I are going out to her favorite restaurant for dinner to celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary.

Congratulations! I remember a post of yours where you spoke of your wedding day . . . and seeing your bride.

Congratulations! I remember a post of yours where you spoke of your wedding day . . . and seeing your bride.
Thanks. It's kind of amazing that she has stuck around this long. We had a great dinner last night, reminiscing about all the great places we have spent various anniversaries. For our 10th, we stayed at a little hotel on the Île Saint-Louis in Paris and ate dinner at a fantastic little restaurant just at the end of the the Pont Louis Phillipe. For our 25th, we sat on our private glass enclosed balcony in a little hotel in Taormina, Sicily, drank champagne and watched the rivulets of lava flow down Mt Etna.

Finally we had to fell the two nice trees too close to the house. We had foundation fixed last week so this weekend, I took both the trees down.

https://youtu.be/Ys8dmI3KoQI

Nice work. I've cut a lot of timber in my days and I have always enjoyed the work. Always some stress till they are laying on the ground.

Yesterday, I refurbished my mailbox and post. All Parts are aluminum on steel mounting plates. Aluminum post is set in the ground. Let's see how long it lasts. Use Rustoleum Wipe New Trim Restorer after a lot of manual cleaning. I apply Tire finisher as touch up.

Thanks. It's kind of amazing that she has stuck around this long. We had a great dinner last night, reminiscing about all the great places we have spent various anniversaries. For our 10th, we stayed at a little hotel on the Île Saint-Louis in Paris and ate dinner at a fantastic little restaurant just at the end of the the Pont Louis Phillipe. For our 25th, we sat on our private glass enclosed balcony in a little hotel in Taormina, Sicily, drank champagne and watched the rivulets of lava flow down Mt Etna.

I'm not surprised, although I suspect it was a difficult time for her when you were deployed. Those wonderful vacations - are beautiful memories together -cherries on top of the sundae.

Congrats!

We will have our 40th anniversary in a few months. I will save my planning notes for you for next year :D,

DDIL and grandkids decided to shorten their with her sister, so instead of coming in tomorrow night, they are coming in tonight. So instead of a "calm before the grandkids storm" day, we are hustling to get the house more ready and childproof.

Today we rode the train into NYC with an old friend who is still working (so she had the day off). We went to the Whitney Museum of American Art to see the special Edward Hopper exhibit before it leaves town, then had a very nice lunch at a restaurant nearby. It was a great day, and we were glad to see her again. I also really enjoyed the exhibit.

For those not familiar with the name, this is Nighthawks, probably his most famous work.

Attachments

• Nighthawks.jpg
    Nighthawks.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 143
Ah yes. I believe that amazing work by Hopper normally resides in the Art Institute of Chicago. Seen it many times. Captivating.

Heading out later today to go for a drive and lunch with DB. He fell at work and severely injured his knee, needing surgical repair, so has been housebound. He is healing well, but needs to get out and away from his DW, who is working from home !:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom