What We're Making

The wenge against the walnut is a nice touch. And the curly maple it's sitting on looks pretty good too!

Analyzing my upcoming knife projects. I need one more blade blank. Then I’ll have 6 knives to make handles for, and 8 sheaths. And some knife boxes with remaining wood.

Attachments

• IMG_2190.jpeg
    IMG_2190.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Nothing artsy, but I refreshed a neighbor's deck with rain chains and another client is having a pretty big tea party with her girls on the mini tables for the back yard.

Attachments

• IMG_20240402_171809145.jpg
    IMG_20240402_171809145.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20240405_135632645.jpg
    IMG_20240405_135632645.jpg
    700.9 KB · Views: 16
It seems that cardboard tissue boxes are getting uglier all the time, so I decided to make a nicer one from wood. ...

Really great. Now, they better not go changing the size of the tissue boxes!

-ERD50

Whipped up a Greenland kayak paddle from laminated cedar and poplar strips to use on the kayak I’m building.

Attachments

• IMG_2205.jpeg
    IMG_2205.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2206.jpg
    IMG_2206.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
Very nice. Did you hand plane / shape that? What is the reason for the poplar strips? Strength?

Thanks - I shaped it mainly with a handheld power planer, then finished with hand planes. Yes the poplar is for strength,

Hopefully the osmo oil/wax finish will repel water.

Great projects. The knife builds will be fun Ronstar.

Paddle looks great!!! How is the Kayak coming along. Have you started back up on that build?

^^ Thanks - I ran out of kayak strips with only 5 each side remaining. I need to make more and get back on it, but very busy with yard work starting

Needed a Hi Vise for my workbench.

Attachments

• IMG_2386.jpeg
    IMG_2386.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2388.jpeg
    IMG_2388.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2387.jpeg
    IMG_2387.jpeg
    976.7 KB · Views: 4
Great job on that vise Ron, I’m sure you will put it to good use.

I want to let you and the other woodworkers here know about a good website, https://craftisian.com/ You and I are both members at Lumberjocks, but since it was sold last year it’s not as user friendly and doesn’t seem to have as much interaction as before. The original owner of LJ started Craftisian, and many people have moved over; I’m sure you’ll recognize some names. There’s a lot of friendly banter and great responses when you post a project. Check it out.

Just finished up with outdoor kitchen. Poured concrete top, with powdered pigment added to simulate marble. Grill converted to natty gas. Stone tiles were from Lowe's. Some mistakes were made along the way, but was an interesting build. Will be making "crack burgers" tonight, new recipe tryout.

Just finished up with outdoor kitchen. Poured concrete top, with powdered pigment added to simulate marble. Grill converted to natty gas. Stone tiles were from Lowe's. Some mistakes were made along the way, but was an interesting build. Will be making "crack burgers" tonight, new recipe tryout.
Quite the undertaking. I looked at something like this but in the end, seemed like too much to take on at the time. Good job.

Did you seal the concrete with anything?

Back
Top Bottom