What We're Making

Wow, amazing, I'd love to see a video of that process, can't imagine how you did it all yourself.

Well, it usually takes me in excess of 40-60 hours to make a single folding knife; not including forging the meteorite damascus. That would be a long video:cool:

Fun hobby ... was sort of a 2nd 'job' for awhile, but then life got in the way.

Robbie, robbie, robbie...you need to coat that PVC in Platinum or Gold! Blow that dough man! Plus it'll hose right off with the bird doo! Did you by chance make any cinder block shelves ever?

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    923.5 KB · Views: 60
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    849.5 KB · Views: 63
Your "Ham Shack" looks like quite a step up from an old shed in the corner of the back yard!

funny you should say that. this is the old shed in the corner of the back yard:

fyUwAoil.jpg
[/IMG]

we tore that down last year and put this in its place:

WB6e05Cl.jpg
[/IMG]

:dance::dance:

Hiking sticks for the grand niece and grand nephew. Hers is a pice of oak that fell from the tree in the photo. His is a piece of redbud that fell last year. Put table leg caps on the end and paracord handles.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 1.32.49 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 1.32.49 PM.jpg
    812.8 KB · Views: 52
Ronstar, those are very nice, and that is interesting that you could make those from that oak tree.

Ronstar, My nephew made us sticks similar to those in your photo. They have become a treasured gift and we use them regularly.

What a great gift for your grand niece and grand nephew.

Thanks everyone,

I'm sure the kids will like them - and soon outgrow them. I made them to use now at their current height. They are 4 and 8 years old. I have enough left over paracord and sticks to build them longer ones when the need arises.

Spring has finally arrived here so decided to make DW a couple of tall planters for the patio. She just has to decide if she wants to paint them now or not.

Attachments

• planters.jpg
    planters.jpg
    778.4 KB · Views: 46

Attachments

• Dirty - Clean Dishwasher Hanger Sign Including Clear Command Hooka.jpg
    Dirty - Clean Dishwasher Hanger Sign Including Clear Command Hooka.jpg
    811.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Custom Artisan Natural Rose Agate & Turquoise Braceleta.jpg
    Custom Artisan Natural Rose Agate & Turquoise Braceleta.jpg
    462.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Copper and Rose Quartz Dangle Hammered Earrings and RIng d.jpg
    Copper and Rose Quartz Dangle Hammered Earrings and RIng d.jpg
    990.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Iridescent Dark Freshwater Pearl .925 SS Dangle Earrings.JPG
    Iridescent Dark Freshwater Pearl .925 SS Dangle Earrings.JPG
    335.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_1636.jpg
    100_1636.jpg
    425.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Copper Jasper Agate Necklace and Earrings.jpg
    Copper Jasper Agate Necklace and Earrings.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Aquamarine Moonstone Earrings.jpg
    Aquamarine Moonstone Earrings.jpg
    545.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Handmade Sterling Silver 2.75 Inch Long Blue Aquamarine Gem Earrings 1 of a Kind 4.jpg
    Handmade Sterling Silver 2.75 Inch Long Blue Aquamarine Gem Earrings 1 of a Kind 4.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Green Natural Emerald .924 Sterling Silver Necklace Earrings Bracelet Ring b.jpg
    Green Natural Emerald .924 Sterling Silver Necklace Earrings Bracelet Ring b.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 50
Good stuff ! DW is into jewelry making. To fiddly for me.

Good stuff ! DW is into jewelry making. To fiddly for me.

Thanks- We all have our talents... I like to make things out of recyclables too. DH restores/ assembles antique guns & is also a photography buff.

We're both EBAY and gunbroker active & fund a lot of extras with our hobbies. It's also a way to have some space! Good for the marriage for sure.

Turned a couple of bottle openers on my lathe. (Didn’t make the metal part) also a pair of barn doors for some friends. They are doing the final paint and install.

Attachments

• 4DB46B02-A492-48DA-957F-9F5DBFAB227E.jpg
    4DB46B02-A492-48DA-957F-9F5DBFAB227E.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 7.34.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 7.34.49 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Didn't take pictures of the other 3 but these are shadow boxes to showcase DS's SO's Disney ears. Made 2 ea 24"x14" and 2 ea 36"x 14". This is one of the 36".

Attachments

• KIMG0388.jpg
    KIMG0388.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 48
WOW! So many talented people here. Outstanding on your projects.

Back
Top Bottom