What We're Making

Very nice work! What was the white tape you used attaching the drawer fronts, how does that work?

Thanks - the white tape is double stick tape. I put it between drawer fronts and then shim the outer front to get uniform gaps between the outer front and the box frame. Then press the the 2 fronts together to hold them in place so I can open the drawer while keeping the outer front at the proper gaps. Then while the 2 fronts are stuck together by the tape, I can screw the 2 fronts together from the inside of the drawer. Hope that makes sense.

I saw a Jeep parts crate online. Jeeps sends out lift kits and other parts to customers in plywood crates loaded with Jeep logos. I wanted one, but don't need any parts. So I made my own crate. And weathered it a bit.

And made a build video. https://youtu.be/7y0EIFnM5uE

Attachments

• jeep crate 2.jpg
    jeep crate 2.jpg
    801.4 KB · Views: 39
You had me until the stencils. My OCD was going crazy on the time & intricacies it took in my mind...

Great job though. Really like the corner straps detail.

Not the best pics, but I've been busy with closets and pantries lately. Still have to finish up the trim on the pantry...all Pre-finished uv birch wood.

This is in an old 20's duplex home being remodeled for rentals.

Updated pics...

Attachments

• IMG_20220426_123221190.jpg
    IMG_20220426_123221190.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20220426_122227383_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220426_122227383_HDR.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
^ nice work! I’m still trying to talk DW into letting me do the guest bedroom closet, but she’s not interested. She thinks the closet is too small for something like you’re doing.

Robstar and Surewhitey what talent you two have. Very creative and imaginative minds and talented wood working skills.

Great job!

Spalted hackberry cheese board with a turquoise and epoxy resin inlay

Attachments

• turquoise cheese board 2mb.jpg
    turquoise cheese board 2mb.jpg
    624.9 KB · Views: 49
Between Ronstar and Surewhitey we have two guys here that should team up and start a custom wood products business! Oh wait, that would be like W*RK again!:D

^ I once posted a wood project on my Facebook. Never again. Friends started asking for stuff. Yep - That’s when it becomes work.

Between Ronstar and Surewhitey we have two guys here that should team up and start a custom wood products business! Oh wait, that would be like W*RK again!:D

It's work if you don't enjoy it and pressured to finish it. I get compensation for doing projects and prefer the non-paid projects for friends, neighbors and family.

Plus it reduces the cost of gifts for peeps.

Nice board, Ronstar.

Last edited:
Nothing better than a 10 minute project. Deer antler shed on a few pieces of scrap barnwood

Attachments

• 34A8BB1F-F6AA-4D27-9664-F5B5A94C0F7E.jpeg
    34A8BB1F-F6AA-4D27-9664-F5B5A94C0F7E.jpeg
    859.4 KB · Views: 44
Spalted hackberry cheese board with a turquoise and epoxy resin inlay

Another masterpiece! I really like those resin inlays. I have seen where they do it in wooden bowls and really looks nice.

I like the horn display too!!

Another masterpiece! I really like those resin inlays. I have seen where they do it in wooden bowls and really looks nice.

I like the horn display too!!

Thanks! I've seen the bowls too - awesome. And some really big tables that take up several gallons of resin. Lots of work to do those - they put the epoxy in about an inch layer at a time. Lots of fine sanding too.

A sign for bedroom door of new grand daughter, and a pic of previous signs for the other two.

Attachments

• IMG_2055.jpg
    IMG_2055.jpg
    808 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_E0750.jpg
    IMG_E0750.jpg
    966.5 KB · Views: 55
Made some coasters and holders for family members.

Attachments

• IMG_2065.jpg
    IMG_2065.jpg
    844.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2017.jpg
    IMG_2017.jpg
    897.1 KB · Views: 54
Everything is so lovely!
It is fun to see the talent here on the forum.
thanks for sharing, I enjoy seeing all of your works.

Building a peninsula / desk for a friend's mancave in his new pole barn. Will be covering it in barn wood as soon as I pick up the wood.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 4.25.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 4.25.40 PM.jpg
    843.9 KB · Views: 40
Yes you can't have too many clamps

Rail glue up on my friend's Noreastern Dory we built together in The Great Lakes Boat Building School in Cedarville, MI.

IMG_20180608_152111.jpg

Back
Top Bottom