What We're Making

Started messing around with boxes in the shop. Heres a recent jewelry box attempt and a slightly less recent German Breakfast board set.

Attachments

• jewelbox5.jpg
    jewelbox5.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 39
  • auntp-bb2.jpg
    auntp-bb2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 35
Playing with my eprinter. Made corner and Tee bracket models for drawer dividers, and eprinted them. Combined with some wood to make dividers.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 9.18.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 9.18.57 PM.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 9.02.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 9.02.13 PM.png
    55 KB · Views: 29
  • Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 5.13.22 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 5.13.22 PM.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 5.13.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 5.13.40 PM.jpg
    665.2 KB · Views: 30
Very nice for organization. You gave me an idea... Thanks.

The eprinter extruder that feeds the filament does a lot of starting/stopping (vibrating?) to the point that set screws on the extruder shaft work loose. And of course one of the set screws fell out and I cant find it.

So I ordered an upgrade extruder ($11) from Amazon. Amazon website says that they sold more than 1000 of these in the past month.

Nice idea on the dividers, you are a creative genius.

Pool tarp cover…29 feet long…composite…for a customer’s house.
4B0961AF-97FC-4013-889B-D7B869D08D0B.jpg

Last edited:
Just made a batch (8 half-pints) of wild plum jam. I foraged the plums here in the city less than a mile from my house. Processing the little plums is a lot of work, but the tart-sweet flavor of the jam is worth it!

YUM!

Concentrating on making small stuff - big stuff takes up too much space. I'm going to gift some pocket knives - made a prototype gift box

65dmUgc.jpg

I had a knife blade from Indy Hammered Knives where I went to knife making class. I made the spalted maple handles and the leather sheath. Easier for me to make knives from someone else's blade blanks. I don't have room for a forge and other blacksmith stuff.

tQnPOOTh.jpg

I had a knife blade from Indy Hammered Knives where I went to knife making class. I made the spalted maple handles and the leather sheath. Easier for me to make knives from someone else's blade blanks. I don't have room for a forge and other blacksmith stuff.

tQnPOOTh.jpg

Did you stain the maple? Looks on the dark side, but nicely done...

A neighbor had a cool pc of walnut (spalting, live edge, sap wood & knots all in one pc) & wanted a hot plate holder that matched her back splash... She was happy enough to post it on Facebook...

Attachments

• IMG_20230617_174537493_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230617_174537493_HDR.jpg
    784.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
A neighbor had a cool pc of walnut (spalting, live edge, sap wood & knots all in one pc) & wanted a hot plate holder that matched her back splash... She was happy enough to post it on Facebook...
I love when folks leave the sapwood plain. For years I inspected walnut that was steamed as sapwood was restricted by NHLA rules. The grain was always muddy because of steaming.

that's a nice piece whitey, how did you fasten it? Did she have the tiles or did those come from stock?

that's a nice piece whitey, how did you fasten it? Did she have the tiles or did those come from stock?

She had some extra tiles. They just fit into the space with a "floor" built in to raise them slightly above the wood. Curious to see how it holds up to the heat of a pot of grub...

did you dowel the 4 sides or is it back fastened to the "floor"?

I milled out the frame pcs to insert the "floor" and used 8 pocket screws for the main frame portion. Then finished with a satin, General Finishes oil.

Back
Top Bottom