What We're Making

DD is expecting #2 and we worked on this together. Demo'd, fresh paint and new custom, tiny closet. Pro bono is what weekends are for...

Nice! I was thinking about doing something like this in the guest room. I never though about putting shelves on the side wall. good idea.

Nice! I was thinking about doing something like this in the guest room. I never though about putting shelves on the side wall. good idea.

Thanks. Yeah, the tiny cottages from the 50's were stingy on the closets, so you have to watch lots of tiny home videos for inspiration. I've done a couple of them and this design seems to maximize storage for diapers, tp, paper good, etc.

Both sound very rewarding...and above my pay grade of skills.

You might be surprised, if you ever decide to try. An electronics kit like this one is a lot like building a kids model airplane. Connect part a to point b, etc. Aside from the minir chance of fire and death when you first plug it in, of course.
;)

I decided to brew beer after realizing that even if i completely screwed it up, the end result would still be... Beer. How bad vould that be?

I do try to keep these two hobbies completely separate. ;)

10' of shelves for a client's garage quilting shop. Lower drawer bases going in tomorrow, then butcher block tops.

Attachments

• IMG_20210927_142454678.jpg
    IMG_20210927_142454678.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 46
Mostly finished with little details to go. If you look closely at the fronts they are matching grain fronts. Always wanted to do this.

Attachments

• IMG_20211003_155246467.jpg
    IMG_20211003_155246467.jpg
    588.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20211003_155301966.jpg
    IMG_20211003_155301966.jpg
    597.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I decided to brew beer after realizing that even if i completely screwed it up, the end result would still be... Beer. How bad vould that be?

I do try to keep these two hobbies completely separate. ;)

As an amateur brewer myself, I only had one bad batch, some external contamination I'm guessing, and I now understand the term "skunky beer" :)

Fun hobby though.

It got me to try infusing the harder stuff too, I regularly make Gin and recently made a Thai Peppers infused Vodka that is a killer.

Made a cherry storage locker to hold 4 Plano plastic boxes. The plastic boxes have dividers to hold small parts, etc. Giving it to my niece to hold her fly tying stuff.

Attachments

• storage bin 1 5mb.jpg
    storage bin 1 5mb.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 43
  • storage bin 2 5mb.jpg
    storage bin 2 5mb.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 44
  • storage bin 3 5mb.jpg
    storage bin 3 5mb.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 43
As an amateur brewer myself, I only had one bad batch, some external contamination I'm guessing, and I now understand the term "skunky beer" :)

Fun hobby though.

It got me to try infusing the harder stuff too, I regularly make Gin and recently made a Thai Peppers infused Vodka that is a killer.

Just tried the beer. Barleywine cloning Alesmith Old Numbskull, but aged with oak. Happy to rrport there is nothing wrong with this beer.

Made a cherry storage locker to hold 4 Plano plastic boxes. The plastic boxes have dividers to hold small parts, etc. Giving it to my niece to hold her fly tying stuff.

Very nice! That would be a great storage for any fisherman.

I like using oils - danish oil, teak oil, and Osmo polyx oil. And I use Arm R Seal sometimes. Shellac for insides of cabinets and drawers. But for my hiking sticks, I’m using Minwax wipe on poly.

I remodeled our 1911 craftsman house and replaced all of the old fir woodwork with new CVG fir that exactly matched what had been taken out.

We finished the fir by hand applying,;):blush: 3 coats of Osmo polyx Hard Wax oil. Took longer. Looks incredible. Easy to deal with scratches and digs.
:rolleyes::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

Great design, Ronstar. It's the wood that makes it good!

Very nice! That would be a great storage for any fisherman.

Thanks - My niece is ready to fill it full of fly tying stuff. DW is thrilled that it won't be taking up space in our house.

I remodeled our 1911 craftsman house and replaced all of the old fir woodwork with new CVG fir that exactly matched what had been taken out.

We finished the fir by hand applying,;):blush: 3 coats of Osmo polyx Hard Wax oil. Took longer. Looks incredible. Easy to deal with scratches and digs.
:rolleyes::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

Yep - Osmo is great stuff. It's my favorite finish.

Great design, Ronstar. It's the wood that makes it good!

Thanks - I found a similar design online and tweaked it a bit. I made a plywood prototype some time ago and it's been working out well in the shop. So I bought some 1/2" cherry for this one - I think I have enough cherry left to do another one.

Very nice frame Ronstar. Made these not too long ago, quarter sawn white oak with a walnut inlay.

Attachments

• IMG_20211105_185423839_HDR (2).jpg
    IMG_20211105_185423839_HDR (2).jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20211105_185401549_HDR (1).jpg
    IMG_20211105_185401549_HDR (1).jpg
    754.2 KB · Views: 42
Beautiful wood frames from both of you. I will be trying to do one this winter when my outdoor projects stop do to the weather. Thanks for sharing your talents.

Making me want to do some frames... Nice work guys.

Got a guy who works for a high end cabinet shop. He hooks me up with a lot of "scraps" of white oak, maple and walnut. I use it for smaller jobs and glue ups such as this one for a client. Just about to install this week.

Cabinet pantry top...white oak with satin General Finishes Arm R Seal.

Attachments

• IMG_20211105_095241366.jpg
    IMG_20211105_095241366.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 92
Surewhitey, that really looks great!

I'm tired of looking at all of the wood scraps in my shop. These 5 cheese boards will get rid of about half of my scrap wood.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 6.52.38 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 6.52.38 PM.jpg
    876.8 KB · Views: 65
3 of the cheese boards are done. Soaked in mineral oil and rubbed down with beeswax for a food safe finish.

Attachments

• 2021-11-22 11-53-44 (B,Radius8,Smoothing4).jpg
    2021-11-22 11-53-44 (B,Radius8,Smoothing4).jpg
    728.8 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom