Yet another article about how awful retirement is

A lot depends on how much control one has over the work environment, especially the time one puts into work.

Most of us don't have much control over the time we put into a job. Heck, I have problems volunteering in my area because of all the 'commitments' the organizations want, such as every Tuesday and Thursday morning for the next thee months. Sorry, no can do.

Interesting. I'm involved in a few animal rights projects, but also do a couple through NY Cares...I can come and go as I please..

not sure where you are , but..

here is their site:

https://www.newyorkcares.org

Today I was cooking on my stove- which is just a few years old, as is my whole kitchen- and I kept thinking at some point soon I will be living in a different home and not have all these things that I picked out myself and love. All the work we did here. The things we painstakingly chose for good reasons- all the comforts- all the things that are our taste and our preferences. 31 years here. It's going to be hard but it has to be done.

This is part of why my parents moved a few years ago, they wanted to get into a place where they could live when they are too old for stairs, and wanted to do it early enough to get to build happy memories there.

Back
Top Bottom