Small successes in spending

dallas27

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We've canceled cable this year, using online for a tenth the cost, reduced sone over insured cars. We even really reduced our dining expenses this year. But I was floored to learn that i really must be doing something right when my wife INDEPENDENTLY decided it made more sense to NOT upgrade to the new iphone now that our contracts are up. Instead we are going to change the plan rate, down 40 bucks a month, and get more data in the plan to boot!.

She's had a new phone every time, bought me my first phone ever(always too cheap and used the companies). She's a gadget of the month type person, pedometers, things like that.

But wow. I must be getting through. Don't ask me what my secret is, cause i surely don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Good work. We just still keep chipping away at lowering our unnecessary expenses, especially the recurring costs. All the little stuff added up cut years off our ER date.

DH is down to basic cable on one TV now, plus Netflix, Prime and free Hulu, down from $100+ a month cable TV bills with HD and hundreds of channels no one ever watched. We did have Hulu Plus, too. I canceled that and instead they gave me another month free, but I wrote in my calendar to call again in 1 month to cancel for good.

Last edited:
"Keep up with the Jones -- Keep working like the Jones...."

Back
Top Bottom