BCBS lawsuit settlement postcard.

ivinsfan

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Did anyone else get one of these postcards? Two showed up in my mailbox yesterday.

It about a 2 billion dollar settlement payout for price fixing.

We had Blue Cross for a lot of those years, but the claim process looks unbelievably cumbersome.

Our cards did not have a unique ID number, not that I could see, so I don't even know where to go from here. The ID number is the first thing they ask for on the claim website.

I got one. I don't think I will bother with it...I can't even remember which years we had BCBS or the premiums paid.

Besides, don't you just end up with a gift certificate to Olive Garden or something from these things?

Did anyone else get one of these postcards? Two showed up in my mailbox yesterday.

I hadn't heard of it, I just looked a little, 2.7 Billion. I had BCBS of Florida for all those years except the last 6 months of 2020.

If that 2.7 Billion is divided equally among 10 Million Customers, That comes to a measly $270.
I'd like to hear different.

Our cards did not have a unique ID number, not that I could see, so I don't even know where to go from here. The ID number is the first thing they ask for on the claim website.

I got this too. I tossed the postcard, but I think the ID number was on the inside, if you open it up.

Your cards had something on them that identified you. For many years insurers used your social security number as an identifier. If it's not on the front, it may be on the back where typically there is a phone number for Customer Service.

- Rita

I hadn't heard of it, I just looked a little, 2.7 Billion. I had BCBS of Florida for all those years except the last 6 months of 2020.

If that 2.7 Billion is divided equally among 10 Million Customers, That comes to a measly $270.
I'd like to hear different.

You never know the math on these things, some people won't apply, or they will be dead, or they just won't know about it.

Beats me why BCBS can't just cut me a check ..oh wait it's the lawyers that need to get paid.

I got a postcard and filed online. The $2.67 Billion reduces (attorney and admin fees) to a settlement fund of $1.9 Billion. I'll gladly take a check for any amount.

Your cards had something on them that identified you. For many years insurers used your social security number as an identifier. If it's not on the front, it may be on the back where typically there is a phone number for Customer Service.

- Rita

Believe me I have looked, the card they showed online had a little box that said unique ID number. I can't find anything remotely like that on ours. They aren't making it easy.

I got a postcard and filed online. The $2.67 Billion reduces (attorney and admin fees) to a settlement fund of $1.9 Billion. I'll gladly take a check for any amount.

Did you have the ID number on your card and where was it?

I got this too. I tossed the postcard, but I think the ID number was on the inside, if you open it up.

LOL I didn't know it opened it's such flimsy paper,,,:LOL::LOL::LOL: found it!!!

I got the card with my ID and registered online. We had BS California in 2016 and paid $997 per month (no subsidies) for 12 months.

I've been very unhappy with them after 6-12-13. I was paying $5,256* for my families premium. 26 months later it was over $9,200. So, if it is not a big hassle, I'll see about getting a check also.

* This was a grandfather in policy with a $10,000 deductible and OOP.
People said I was crazy when I got the $10k deductible. After the big increases (to over $9,200), the cost of an Obamacare plan was $13,700 for my family, with a higher deductible. Although with the taxpayers subsidy, the premium would have cost me less.

I got an e-mail about a week ago that ended up in my Spam folder. I had to google it to make sure it's real before I moved it back to my inbox. ID number was included in the e-mail.

Same deal here. I went to the BCBS website and accessed the settlement to be sure. Filed and waiting with baited breath for the windfall. :cool:

I wonder if they’ll honor that DQ coupon in Shreveport? Don’t want to drive to Nacogdoches if I can help it.:)

That was actually from a very old joke.

Something happens there and a crew from a big city TV station is sent out to cover it. The reporter realizes that he has absolutely no idea how to pronounce the name of the town but will have to do so on his taped report.

So he goes into the nearest restaurant, orders something, and asks the waitress if she will "slowly and carefully say the name of this place."

She looks at him strangely, and then says "DAY-REE KWEEN".

Yeap. I find it interesting that the insurance company apologists here are absent from this discussion.

Your are going to have look long and hard to find anybody here being an apologist for insurance companies. Kindly don't go there.

Maybe you need to look long and hard. I don't when I hear about insurance companies having fixed income levels etc. On this forum.

Back
Top Bottom