BCBS lawsuit settlement postcard.

I'm assuming that if we had BCBS through the FEHB federal benefits program, that we would not be part of any settlement class and that is why we have received no notices. Does anyone know if my assumption is correct?

Another waste of my time for $5... or even $100.... they are NOT paying me enough to do that much work...

After sitting on it for several days, I filled out the form. I didn't find it to be too much work. I filled out one for me and one for my wife. I doubt it was 10 minutes total. My wife only had a policy for 8 months of the total claim time, so I doubt any money for that. I had all the claim time minus 8 months.

I'm assuming that if we had BCBS through the FEHB federal benefits program, that we would not be part of any settlement class and that is why we have received no notices. Does anyone know if my assumption is correct?
As already mentioned, the class action law suit does not include FEHB plans.

I have pre-2013 coverage from BCBS via the Texas Health Risk Pool. I wonder how that counts?

Also I had it directly 2013 on except for one or two years.

DH had coverage also directly for many years. He is now on Medicare. He didn’t get a notice.

Last edited:
I got an email notice Sunday from BCBS with a unique ID.

I have pre-2013 coverage from BCBS via the Texas Health Risk Pool. I wonder how that counts?

Also I had it directly 2913 on except for one or two years.

DH had coverage also directly for many years. He is now on Medicare. He didn’t get a notice.

You should hear something directly at some point. We haven't filed yet because during most of those years we had our own small business plan through BCBS and the last two years personal coverage. We aren't sure if the business will get an ID too or if we file for everything together.

Here is MY problem with this settlement....

Why do WE have to jump through hoops to figure out if we qualify... BCBS has ALL the data and I bet there is a programmer out there that can write a program to figure it out pretty quickly...

Another waste of my time for $5... or even $100.... they are NOT paying me enough to do that much work...

Yes, why don't they just mail the check, instead of the postcard. :)

I feel it's similar to the reasoning why a person has to fill out a form for a rebate on some product.

Many people won't realize, some will forget, some won't bother as not worth it even though maybe it influenced the purchase, some will be lost in the mail.

All sorts of ways for the issuer to save money.

I feel it's similar to the reasoning why a person has to fill out a form for a rebate on some product.

Many people won't realize, some will forget, some won't bother as not worth it even though maybe it influenced the purchase, some will be lost in the mail.

BCBS won't save any money They are paying out the lawsuit amount. But some people will get paid and some will get nothing. If the settlement lawyers just took the list they got from BC and sent each person a check for the same amount it would be a lot simpler but maybe not as fair.

I received an email today from the claims administrator asking me to revise my previous claim. Then I realized I used Anthem Blue Cross in 2015 and 2016 before switching to Blue Shield of CA in 2017. Anthem exited the individual market at the end of 2016. So I revised my claim to 2015, 2016, and 2017. I paid about $32K with zero subsidies during those periods.

As already mentioned, the class action law suit does not include FEHB plans.

Just got my postcard today, Yes when you put in the BCBS Federal Employee Program. That program doesn't pop up but you get a warning to just enter OTHER. If FEHB is not part of suit, why do we have unique IDs ?

Just got my postcard today, Yes when you put in the BCBS Federal Employee Program. That program doesn't pop up but you get a warning to just enter OTHER. If FEHB is not part of suit, why do we have unique IDs ?

Excluded from the Damages Class are:
o Government Accounts

hh. “Government Account” means only a state, a county, a municipality, an
unincorporated association performing municipal functions, a Native American tribe, or
the federal government (including the Federal Employee Program). A Government
Account includes all Members of the Government Account

And then there is the ones who just ignore your submission.... I have had that happen a number of times... had to call to get them on my rebate... or not..

The one I love the best is one where I had 3 days to submit the rebate claim!!! Noticed that after a week went by...

I received my settlement... claim number by email today.
It said, "We recently received the claim you submitted in the Blue Cross Blue Shield Settlement. Your Claim Number is: XXXXXXXXX. Please keep your Claim Number for your records."
Then, who to contact if I have any questions.

We're gonna be rich ! :dance:
Or, get at least $5.

I received my settlement... claim number by email today.
It said, "We recently received the claim you submitted in the Blue Cross Blue Shield Settlement. Your Claim Number is: XXXXXXXXX. Please keep your Claim Number for your records."
Then, who to contact if I have any questions.

We're gonna be rich ! :dance:
Or, get at least $5.

There must be a lot of claims. I got that email 3 weeks ago.

Received the email with official claim number today myself.

I got an email today, too. It has the claim ID I was given when I made my claim through the website. However, I later made a second claim after I realized I had a different policy with BCBS a few years earlier but still within the indicated time frame. The email didn't address that claim, just the first one.

Got my postcard a week or so ago... had to look up what years I had BCBS..

Making the claim was a LOT easier than some I had been on..

Got my email a few minutes ago..

Looking forward to my $5

I got an email today, too. It has the claim ID I was given when I made my claim through the website. However, I later made a second claim after I realized I had a different policy with BCBS a few years earlier but still within the indicated time frame. The email didn't address that claim, just the first one.

Just got another email for the second claim. Woo hoo, now I could get 2 tiny checks instead of 1!

How much time did you guys spend filling out the claim form, including digging out your records? I have spent a couple hours already. I find the instructions unclear and self-contradictory. I called the 800 number twice and spoke for a long time with them, and got different answers, and the impression that it didn't matter what I filled in. They said you could do it this way, or maybe that way, and the administrator has your file on hand even before you submit the claim, so they will know already, how much money you are entitled to. I have one year of individual coverage, possibly multiple years of employer coverage, and mult years of Obamacare covered. Yes, Obamacare is included. Am I filing as default, alternative, or neither. First clerk said to file as alternative, second clerk said I was neither. All this effort to fill out the form 'correctly' all for $5? Ugh. Looks like I will end up filling it out and mailing it in, and just have to hope that the admin has all the right records already.

We did not receive cards. Is this because we have FEHB?

Back
Top Bottom