BCBS lawsuit settlement postcard.

I got an email, and submitted the info online. Most of the fields were not required. I knew I was a BCBS/Anthem subscriber all but one year, so I knew the dates, and used my member number from this year's card. I didn't realize it was likely to be that small of a payment or I probably wouldn't have bothered. But maybe 90% will skip it so I'll get $50 instead of $5!

Based on my experience with this sort of things, the final check, if it will ever arrive, will be around $10.

I got one too.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 45
Thank you for starting this thread. I got a postcard for this last week but hadn't read through it all (that tiny font didn't help!). I went on line and completed the form as best as I could. I hadn't been with BCBS since 2015 so what I had from laying around was limited. I did have an old bill on which I had written some online account info. It did have my subscriber number so I entered it. But the name of my BCBS wasn't shown among the many in their list, strangely.

I'm anxiously awaiting my $11 check!

The notice says _may be_ eligible. Has anyone here figured out the criteria to determine if a particular person _is_ eligible? More likely to follow through I this if I can determine I fall into the latter category.

The notice says _may be_ eligible. Has anyone here figured out the criteria to determine if a particular person _is_ eligible? More likely to follow through I this if I can determine I fall into the latter category.

From the FAQ at https://www.bcbssettlement.com/faq#q-5

"If you are still not sure if you are included in the Settlement Classes, please review the detailed information in Question 5 of the Long Form Notice and Sections A.1.v. and A.1.pp. of the Settlement Agreement, available on the Important Documents page. You may also contact the Claims Administrator at info@BCBSsettlement.com or call toll-free at (888) 681-1142."

Blue Cross-Blue Shield Class Action Settlement

DW and I have each received emails from a party advising us that we should contact them to get in line for our portion of our settlement of the BC-BS Class Action suit.

The email purports to have been sent by "Blue Cross Blue Shield Claims Administrator", and advises us to reply to "info@bcbssettlement.com"...

I am suspicious of a scam.

I know there has been such a settlement, I'm just not sure I trust this particular source.

Any suggestions on how to proceed? Anyone out there followed up on this?

Thanks

Here's what I see.

It says, and correct me if I'm wrong, the total payments you paid, divided by the total payments of all those that submit claims times the $1,780,000,000 in the settlement fund.
I had a low priced grandfathered in policy (at least until Obamacare started)
Over the years covered by the Settlement I paid about $107,000.
I'll call that average for now, in fact I'll drop it to $100,000.
I have now idea how many people will signup, but let's start with 10,000,000 people, that would mean $100,000 x 10,000,000 people = $1,000,000,000,000, AKA $1 trillion. So $100,000 / 1,000,000,000,000 times $1,780,000,000 = $178
Wow, I pulled numbers out of thin air and ended up with the same answer.
I have no idea how many customers they have, nor how many dollars each paid. Is there any data about that?

Attachments

• BCBS Settlement.jpg
    BCBS Settlement.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 41
DW and I have each received emails from a party advising us that we should contact them to get in line for our portion of our settlement of the BC-BS Class Action suit.

The email purports to have been sent by "Blue Cross Blue Shield Claims Administrator", and advises us to reply to "info@bcbssettlement.com"...

I am suspicious of a scam.

I know there has been such a settlement, I'm just not sure I trust this particular source.

Any suggestions on how to proceed? Anyone out there followed up on this?

Thanks

We have a thread on this exact subject and yes it's real.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what I see.

It says, and correct me if I'm wrong, the total payments you paid, divided by the total payments of all those that submit claims times the $1,780,000,000 in the settlement fund.
I had a low priced grandfathered in policy (at least until Obamacare started)
Over the years covered by the Settlement I paid about $107,000.
I'll call that average for now, in fact I'll drop it to $100,000.
I have now idea how many people will signup, but let's start with 10,000,000 people, that would mean $100,000 x 10,000,000 people = $1,000,000,000,000, AKA $1 trillion. So $100,000 / 1,000,000,000,000 times $1,780,000,000 = $178
Wow, I pulled numbers out of thin air and ended up with the same answer.
I have no idea how many customers they have, nor how many dollars each paid. Is there any data about that?

There probably is, but if they told you they would have to kill you...:dance: we do know we will get at least 5 bucks..

I got an email from them and I just deleted it.

DH received an email, but I didn't. The unique ID number is not needed to file. They do ask for name of the BCBS, ID#/contract #, group #, effective date and termination date for each policy. Curious to find out how much it's going to be, because between the TX High Risk Pool and the ACA non subsidy amounts, we've paid in a considerable amount. There wasn't a field for the premium amounts.

I am curious to know how they are going to obtain/verify all the info, because I didn't think an insurance company had to keep membership/payment records over seven years.

DH received an email, but I didn't. The unique ID number is not needed to file. They do ask for name of the BCBS, ID#/contract #, group #, effective date and termination date for each policy. Curious to find out how much it's going to be, because between the TX High Risk Pool and the ACA non subsidy amounts, we've paid in a considerable amount. There wasn't a field for the premium amounts.

I am curious to know how they are going to obtain/verify all the info, because I didn't think an insurance company had to keep membership/payment records over seven years.

I think the unique ID number is a big deal as it means they have already vetted you as someone who bought insurance from BCBS, presumably they have a lot of your info already.

I did Google it, got on the site, and put my information in. I'm sure I'll be very wealthy, quite soon.

Thanks for posting OP. Dug the flimsy card out of the trash bin and processed it. Now we wait.

I received an email with my Unique ID yesterday.
I filled out the form, I was eligible from the beginning through March of last year. My wife was eligible from April to Oct of last year. She will probably be in the, if you don't get at least $5, you don't get anything group.

And today, my wife received notice of a 14.7% increase in here BCBS family policy.

Did anyone else get one of these postcards? Two showed up in my mailbox yesterday.

It about a 2 billion dollar settlement payout for price fixing.

We had Blue Cross for a lot of those years, but the claim process looks unbelievably cumbersome.

Our cards did not have a unique ID number, not that I could see, so I don't even know where to go from here. The ID number is the first thing they ask for on the claim website.

No, to the BCBS postcard. Yes, to seeing a BCBSsettlement.com commercial on TV. It seems official but seems is by no means 100%.

I am not a lawyer and ALL information provided is only my amateur opinion. Please seek professional guidance.

No, to the BCBS postcard. Yes, to seeing a BCBSsettlement.com commercial on TV. It seems official but seems is by no means 100%.

I am not a lawyer and ALL information provided is only my amateur opinion. Please seek professional guidance.

It is 100% legit...

Back
Top Bottom