BCBS lawsuit settlement postcard.

I've gone through the process for a handful of settlements. It usually takes over a year for the check to show up. The amount has ranged from about $4 to $36. So I'll check to see if we had BCBS for the relevant period.

We just received the email today.

Past experience with a this type of class action suit (for Invesco a while back) got us a whole $7 or so...

It was quite interesting and unsurprising to see that minimum $5 payment quote that someone found for this BCBS settlement.

Will fill it out and see what happens. Thx

Hold your breath, in fact, sit down, I found some numbers!

"Qualifying policyholders will receive at least $5 from the $2.67 billion settlement." :LOL:

https://healthpayerintelligence.com/news/bcbsa-settles-anti-trust-litigation-for-2.7b-anthem-pays-22

I was about to ask about how to file if we haven't received a postcard (or probably did, but assumed it was a junk card) because we've been with BCBS through work for 20+ years. But $5?!?

And I thought that BCBS was a reasonable insurance company, though I never understood why it called itself 'not-for-profit'. It seems it profited very well and a leader in price gouging... Darn, aren't we screwed with anything related to HC in this country?!? :mad::mad::(

I was about to ask about how to file if we haven't received a postcard (or probably did, but assumed it was a junk card) because we've been with BCBS through work for 20+ years. But $5?!?

And I thought that BCBS was a reasonable insurance company, though I never understood why it called itself 'not-for-profit'. It seems it profited very well and a leader in price gouging... Darn, aren't we screwed with anything related to HC in this country?!? :mad::mad::(

You might get considerably more, the 5 bucks is the floor number

geez

I got one of these cards. An email too if I remember. Probably going to just ignore it all - we did have BCBS and dropped it because of costs (it was a small company policy that cost us over $3k/year for a party of two....)

I get that it's an opportunity for us retired folks to grab a few bucks, but IMO in reality the lawyers are the big winners in these lawsuits.

Is anyone besides me just really over all the class-action lawsuits that keep popping up? Someone lost money because of something they think wasn't because of anything they did, so someone else should have to pay. :facepalm:
How about people just decide Hey - bad decision on my part - and move on??

Is anyone besides me just really over all the class-action lawsuits that keep popping up? Someone lost money because of something they think wasn't because of anything they did, so someone else should have to pay. :facepalm:

Bad decisions are one thing. Price fixing by companies is illegal, hurts consumers, and should be punished in my opinion.

(Although I note, as is typical in these situations, that the companies involved are not admitting fault.)

Is this similar to the whole McDonald's coffee cups requiring some version of "caution, this drink is hot" so you don't sue company and get lots of money for burning yourself?

We just received the email today.

Past experience with a this type of class action suit (for Invesco a while back) got us a whole $7 or so...

It was quite interesting and unsurprising to see that minimum $5 payment quote that someone found for this BCBS settlement.

Will fill it out and see what happens. Thx

I put that quote in. I have since found that it reads another way. If your share of the settlement is under $5, you will not get paid.

We received e-mails on April 21. I figured out how much we paid them over the years and the amount is about $120k. The years we can claim are from 2008 until 2020 and we had a BS health plan from 2008 - 2018.

I think I have found enough supporting information so will file. Maybe we'll get $100 back!

When I filed my claim, I included the BCBS policy I bought through my state's ACA exchange, a policy I had for 2 years. But I had forgotten that I had another policy with BCBS for 2.5 years prior to the exchange. It was a low-cost, bare-bones, hospital-only plan. So I filed a second claim.

So, unless they combine both of my claims before cutting me any check, I'm afraid the second claim alone will not meet the $5 minimum so it will be ignored. Oh well.

We have been Federal BCBS customers for decades. No postcard for us.

I've had BCBS for all but one of the last 11 years and haven't received any notice. When I checked the online claim portal they ask for information (ID, Group#) that appears to change every year, so you need to add a new entry for each year of coverage. No idea what my old ID/Group #'s are, always throw away my old ID cards. Not making it easy.

I've had BCBS for all but one of the last 11 years and haven't received any notice. When I checked the online claim portal they ask for information (ID, Group#) that appears to change every year, so you need to add a new entry for each year of coverage. No idea what my old ID/Group #'s are, always throw away my old ID cards. Not making it easy.

Did you get a unique ID number..I think it say some of that info is optional.

Our ID and group number was the same over all the years.

Our ID and group number was the same over all the years.

I only have 3 years that I have that information and it's different all 3 years, just assumed the other years are different but not really sure.

After filling it out online, and seeing the claim number I took a screenshot.

I expected to get an email, but nothing... did others get an email confirmation with their claim number ?

After filling it out online, and seeing the claim number I took a screenshot.

I expected to get an email, but nothing... did others get an email confirmation with their claim number ?

I didn't get an email, but after I submitted the claim, there was a claim # on the screen so I wrote it down on the postcard. I did this with both claims I filed and identified each claim number with the claim.

We had coverage from 2010 thru 2015 and 2018, 2019. Should I just enter 01/2010 for the start date and 12/2019 for the end date?

We had coverage from 2010 thru 2015 and 2018, 2019. Should I just enter 01/2010 for the start date and 12/2019 for the end date?
No because that would be wrong.

Here is MY problem with this settlement....

Why do WE have to jump through hoops to figure out if we qualify... BCBS has ALL the data and I bet there is a programmer out there that can write a program to figure it out pretty quickly...

Another waste of my time for $5... or even $100.... they are NOT paying me enough to do that much work...

Back
Top Bottom