Old Medic how are you doing

Thanks for the update, wishing you all the very best.

Thank you for the update, I know it is not easy when you are in the hospital trying to heal!
Continued prayers for a speedy recovery.

The 100th anniversary of Laconia motorcycle week starts this weekend. I literally live right in the heart of it.

I dread hearing about all the accidents that will occur as they do every year.

Between the noise and being locked down in my neighborhood-literally can’t go in or out for 10 days except before dawn- we have decided to make this our vacation week every year and get out of town.

Anyway, having had spinal surgery a few months ago I can somewhat relate. Here’s to a full recovery so you can get on with your life.

Sending lots of positive energy for complete healing. Glad you are close to home.

Sending prayers your way Old Medic! Same here…25 years nyc paramedic. Road rash sucks. Glad to hear from you!
Rick

Sending good wishes to you as you recover, old medic.

Hello Folks..... today makes 3 weeks since the wreck, Have been moved back to the original trauma center for followup. They have the 2 areas for the hip/pelvis repair under a wound vac system. Surgery (#7) scheduled in the morning for it to be cleaned-up again and closed, If all goes well its back to the rehab center in a few days.

Hello Folks..... today makes 3 weeks since the wreck, Have been moved back to the original trauma center for followup. They have the 2 areas for the hip/pelvis repair under a wound vac system. Surgery (#7) scheduled in the morning for it to be cleaned-up again and closed, If all goes well its back to the rehab center in a few days.

Glad to hear from you. I hope for a full recovery, and it is one day at a time. Please keep us all posted on this thread if you can and when you can.

Best wishes to you.

Prayers for you old medic. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Just went back and read the original thread. I thought I was being blamed for this somehow.

But seriously, Old Medic, best wishes for a quick and complete recovery. I've spent a significant amount of time in the hospital and surgeries over the last couple of years, so I can empathize completely. But stay with it, and hopefully you'll be back to your old self soon.

Thinking of you Old Medic. :flowers:

Seven surgeries !
Continued prayers for a good recovery, may you return to full, good health.
Thanks for the update.

Hello again. Its now 4 weeks and still at the original hospital. Surgery #7 has been postponed until the plastic surgeon gets back in town. Got a spot on the hip that may require skin grafts. They says everything is looking good, but want to continue aggressively treating me for and infection i dont have... 2-6 weeks more of IV antibiotics.
Mobility is progressing... the PT folks seem amazed at the facts I can do as much as I can. And that aint much... Using a walker was able to back up to a chair 4 foot away...
anyway folks ..... thanks agian for the thoughts and prayers... will check back.

PS the Bike starts runs and everything is basically cosmetic damage....

Thanks for checking in and letting us know how you’re doing, old medic!

Glad to hear the medical staff is taking precautions in their care of you.

Yep, was waiting with bated breath to hear about that bike. :LOL:

I wish you well Old Medic. Thanks for the update we all appreciate it very much. One day at a time and time will heal.

Thanks for the update, old medic. Continued prayers and blessings for recovery. Good to hear the bike will be ready when you are!

Hello Gang.... Thanks again for the continued Prayers and caring thoughts. I am tickled to report that after 6 weeks an hour away, I have been moved to our local hospitals rehab program. DW is less than a mile away from work, 12 from home. They are continuing wound care on the hip area that got slightly infected, IV antibiotics and PT here is working with me. Im now able to use a walker and get to the toilet... Havent been this happy since I was 3 and got to wear big boy underwear.
On the home front... many may know our story of trying to rebuild this old house while we live in a camper. It had been slow going with me doing most of the work alone. Well a couple friends got together, talked to some others and they have tackled the place with a vengeance. I cant believe how much they got done. roof completely stripped of shingles, sections of plywood repaired, and new metal roof installed. They contiuned with stripping the old siding off, fixed a few frame spots , framed out for the new windows OSB and Tyvec covered and windows installed. its ready for the vynyl siding to go on.

The bike faired way better than I. as I said its mostly cosmetic. Already got the claim checks from Progressive.

So I gathered. Maybe the money can go towards the house?

I am glad to read about your progress and that the rehab is close to DW's work and home. It seems that you really have some good friends as well. I suspect that you earned them from being a good friend yourself.

I hope that you continue to have lots of visitors - and that your progress is as rapid as it can be!

Back
Top Bottom