Old Medic how are you doing

Thanks for reminding me... Not much has changed, just little improvements each day. Still in the hospital and about to lose my sanity. The 2 main things holding me here is IV antibiotics through a PICC line twice a day until 7-17, and the wound care. Thankfully the Vac has been removed along with the drain tubes. The tubes getting pulled was an experience. One was over a foot long. So now its just washing and dressing the 2 wounds left twice a day. Hoping that we can get it approved for home health care to take over and I can go home on Thursday.
On the PT front its a painful progression, but getting there. I still cant put any weight on the left leg for another 6 weeks. Then I get to Start over again.
It is nice I can get out of here on a day pass... Been home and was blown away with all the work our friends have gotten done on the house. They have another gathering planned this coming weekend.
Have also been by the shop and visited the bike. No work started yet, but it gets rode around the plazza parking lot about every day. No issues there. I can fix the needed stuff for a couple hundred bucks and let it ride, but no hurry.... it can ride but I'm guessing by the time I'm healed enough to ride, the bike will need snow tires.

The saga continues........

You’re an inspiration to us all, Old Medic.

God bless you, old medic. Here is hoping your recovery accelerates!

Little improvements each day count. I hope you get approved for your home care - and get your change of scenery soon. You are a trooper!

Good progress Old Medic, and your friends helping at home is a wonderful support too. Keep us updated as you continue to move forward.

YIPPEEEEEE !!!!!!!! I'M GOING HOME....

The infection Dr has approve changing me to oral antibiotics, and the wound care part is not an issue. so my possible Thursday is now a definite Wednesday afternoon.
Wont have to deal with any home heath care and will come back here for continued out patient PT.
1st thing on the agenda.... getting nakid and taking a real shower... since I havent had one since the evening of May 12th

WOW!
That is great news!! Being at home will help with heal faster and please give us an update on your recovery.

Very happy for you and you have a lot to be thankful for.

Fantastic! Enjoy your time at home and your shower.

1st thing on the agenda.... getting nakid and taking a real shower... since I havent had one since the evening of May 12th

Congratulations! I hope your recovery continues apace.

I understand about the shower. After I started dialysis with a neck catheter I couldn't shower. Had to do whore's baths. Once I was able to switch over to peritoneal dialysis I could shower. That first one after 6 months was better than sex.

AND IT GETS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New hospitalist came on today and reviewed my chart... added the same oral antibiotics to go and said pack your bags...
I'm going to sleep in my own bed TONIGHT!

I would :dance: but that would put me right back here again.

Wonderful news!
You always do better and recover faster in your own bed!

The infection Dr has approve changing me to oral antibiotics, and the wound care part is not an issue. so my possible Thursday is now a definite Wednesday afternoon.
Wont have to deal with any home heath care and will come back here for continued out patient PT.

Hot dog!! CONGRATULATIONS. So glad you are headed home, to sleep in your own bed and to take as many real showers as you want, whenever you want!

:dance: :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Congratulations! I hope your recovery continues apace.

I understand about the shower. After I started dialysis with a neck catheter I couldn't shower. Had to do whore's baths.

I'd ask what that is, but... um... my guess is that I probably don't want to know. :LOL:

I understand about the shower. After I started dialysis with a neck catheter I couldn't shower. Had to do whore's baths.

I'd ask what that is, but... um... my guess is that I probably don't want to know. :LOL:

I kinda think I know what that is, but what is peritoneal dialysis? I thought dialysis was like a circulation from one arm to a machine and back to the other arm or something like that.

Oh, and old medic. Great news on going home! Take it slow and easy. We're pulling for you.

Sorry, thought that was a common term. It means you only wash the pits, t*ts, and dirty bits.

I kinda think I know what that is, but what is peritoneal dialysis? I thought dialysis was like a circulation from one arm to a machine and back to the other arm or something like that.

PD is totally different than hemodialysis, which is what you're describing. They've inserted a tube through my belly into my abdominal cavity. A few times a day I attach an iv-type bag of fluid (water and dextrose) that drains into my abdomen, and I let it sit there for a number of hours. Then I drain it back out and dispose of it and it accomplishes pretty much the same thing as the blood exchange, but it gives me a lot more flexibility for traveling and doing things on my own.

Wonderful news about your release, Old Medic.

Great news!!! Congratulations! I bet you will feel like a million bucks after taking a shower!

Terrific news. We will expect to hear you ran the whole hot water heater out in one go.

Back
Top Bottom