Old Medic how are you doing

The Dr there says she has 3 masses he is concerned about and wants to do a biopsy. A week later she goes in and 2 spots are negative, But the 3rd they couldn't get enough to rule out cancer, so tomorrow she is going in and they will open her up and remove the area of concern since it also involves a lymph node. 2-3 days in the hospital, out of work at least 6 weeks.

At least, if it is significant, it sounds like very early detection. Hoping for a good report. You've had enough issues in your life for one year.

You've had enough issues in your life for one year.

Tell me about it... this is surgery #10 between us this year. But count our blessings because it could have been a lot worse, and for others it is. She came thru surgery just fine on Friday. Dr says they got everything out they were after, and said everything else looked good. This morning he came in and said they will shortly be removing the chest tube, and she may be coming home this afternoon. :dance:

Tell me about it... this is surgery #10 between us this year. But count our blessings because it could have been a lot worse, and for others it is. She came thru surgery just fine on Friday. Dr says they got everything out they were after, and said everything else looked good. This morning he came in and said they will shortly be removing the chest tube, and she may be coming home this afternoon. :dance:

You two have certainly been through a roller coaster of a year. Hoping for the best for both of you!

Glad your DW did well with the surgery. Fingers crossed for the outcome!

Ohh! Chest tube. Hope it goes well/went well. I watched them take the chest tube out of DW following removal of part of her lung. It was quick but DW said it was the most painful part of the surgery process over 10 days. I thought she was gonna go out from the pain. God bless you and DW during the healing process!

Best wishes for your continued progress and your DW's recovery.

Thanks everyone... She got to come home Monday evening. Everything still going good. Shes spend most of her time kicking back and relaxing. Go back to the Dr next Thursday.
Shes out 4-6 weeks , but work went ahead and had her fill out for FMLA and she may just take it for 12 weeks.

UGH.... I seen the Ortho Doc yesterday and not happy. Seems the bones are not healing as they should, and has scheduled me for surgery on the 21st. Hopefully I will be home for Christmas.
DW Dr called and moved her appointment to today, but she got to see all the results. All of the biopsy areas are benign.

Thanks for the update old medic. Stay strong and still so much to be thankful for. Very good report for DW and keep us informed on your surgery and going forward.

Best of Luck.

Sorry to hear about the surgery Old Medic, but very glad to hear your DW's biopsies came back benign.

I am just catching up on this thread. I am thrilled to hear that your DW's biopsies are benign. Sorry to hear that you have to undergo yet another surgery. Best of luck with it. Hoping for a quick recovery.

"All of the biopsy areas are benign." Wow, that is such great news! Sorry you're looking at another surgery though. Must be beyond frustrating.

OMG another surgery so sorry to hear this!

But it is terrific news that DW is okay.

So wonderful for your DW news!

I am sorry you need another surgery. It is important for those bones to knit together and heal correctly for the long term. Take recovery slowly, don't push beyond what physical therapists tell you is safe.

We are all here sending healing vibes. Take care.

UGH.... I seen the Ortho Doc yesterday and not happy. Seems the bones are not healing as they should, and has scheduled me for surgery on the 21st. Hopefully I will be home for Christmas.
DW Dr called and moved her appointment to today, but she got to see all the results. All of the biopsy areas are benign.

Very sorry to hear that you're not healing as well as you should, but I'm very happy to hear that all your wife's biopsies came back benign. You must be so relieved!

Thanks for another update, Old Medic. Good news for your DW! I guess you also just have to be thankful that you have good doctors, good ortho procedures to mend you and excellent insurance. I'm sorry that you've hit a set back. Here is hoping you're home for Christmas! Blessings.

Hello good folks, sometimes life hands you more crap than you think you can deal with. And Our crap pile is about to tip the scales..... completely over.

To start with me and the good news... Ok the best of the news. After some consideration, we asked the Dr to put the surgery off until after the new year. Just got the word that they moved my surgery to the 11th of Jan and going to give the other leg more healing time before considering operating on that one.

After the Dr gave DW all this good news of all the benign areas around the mass, the mass itself is cancer. He says they got it all, but she now has an appointment to see an oncologist for options on further treatment.

I sure hope next year ends better than its starting....

Oh, shoot.

Very good news for you, more time for healing and a little breathing space before next surgery.

So sorry for DW news.
Sending healing prayers for you both.
They are coming up with new cancer treatments all the time. My advice is to have another set of ears come with you and DW to her oncology appt. It helps to take notes, too. Each of you will hear something different, so good to compare.

Well, I am having a minor surgery on January 10, 2024, so it looks like we will be recuperating together. I will be thinking of you on the 11th and hope that everything goes smoothly for you.

I am sorry to hear about your DW news. Pacergal gave you some good advice to either take notes or have another set of ears.

Wow, Old Medic. As they say "The hits just keep on coming."

You and DW have got good attitude and you trust your doctors. You'll get through all of this.

May 2024 be a much better year for you than 2023! :flowers:

They are coming up with new cancer treatments all the time. My advice is to have another set of ears come with you and DW to her oncology appt. It helps to take notes, too. Each of you will hear something different, so good to compare.

We already have decided to go to Cancer Center of America to get a follow-up second opinion before starting any treatment.

Oh, shoot.

Very good news for you, more time for healing and a little breathing space before next surgery.

So sorry for DW news.
Sending healing prayers for you both.
I ditto this.
I do wish both of you the very best.

What a hectic couple of weeks, Life has been similar to playing Wak-A-Mole. My Dr has started me on an ultrasound bone healing stimulator. Surgery still scheduled for the 11th and already dealing with the hospital with getting insurance junk settled. The leg seems to be getting worse, so looking forward to getting this done.
The wife had her 1st chemo treatment yesterday, seemed to go well. They have her doing 4 treatments, one every 3 weeks, then Keytruda for a year. Shes decided she going to stay out of work for the full FMLA period.

Back
Top Bottom