Old Medic how are you doing

Glad your wife can take some more time off work. Hope you've gotten over most of the big humps, and things will smooth out soon!

Here is hoping for a much better 2024! Blessings.

Well the next step is almost here. Surgery tomorrow morning.

I wish you the best for tomorrow. Please let us know how everything went.

Do you feel you are getting where you need to be at this time?

Healing thoughts sent your way!
Take care, follow Drs orders(those in helping professions tend to be a tad difficult sometimes:cool:) , don't push your self too hard in recovery.

It's been a long road to recovery for you, you will get there!

Well I'm home... surgery went well but ran longer than expected. Replaced the rod and added bone graft plate so my legs are closer to equal. Doc came in 1st thing this morning and gave me the choice to stay or go... Staff are great, but I can control the same meds at home and sleep in my own bed. Its gonna hurt the same either place.

Well I'm home... surgery went well but ran longer than expected. Replaced the rod and added bone graft plate so my legs are closer to equal. Doc came in 1st thing this morning and gave me the choice to stay or go... Staff are great, but I can control the same meds at home and sleep in my own bed. Its gonna hurt the same either place.
Yeah, I'd rather be at home if possible myself, plus my wife's a (retired)nurse.:)

Onward and upward, old medic! Thanks for update.

Hey Folks....
Yesterday was 9 months.... If my accident was knocking up some lady.... Id be changing diapers instead of using crutches.... The surgery on the lower leg seems to be successful. Last check-up they X-rayed it and removed the 78/15 staples and stitches, have one spot still not healed up. I'm still only 50% weight bearing on the right. They still haven't re-evaluated the Femur about replacing that pin.
The Wife is standing strong, Has gone back to work, and has gone over the hump of her 3rd Chemo. One more to go.

We have just been spinning wheels on finishing the house.

now back to your regular scheduled programing....

Yes, yes great news!! Your sense of humor is a great healing tool. I like it and I wish you a continuing healing process.

Good to hear about your progress.

Good news! Thank you for the update, glad both of you are doing better.

Great news! And even better news that you're not doing diapers!:cool:

Onward and upward.

Your sense of humor is a great healing tool. I like it.

Thanks.... A sense of humor was something I used heavily working as a Medic. Not only with the patient, but family to. The majority of people that call 911 are facing what they perceive as the scariest event in their life. Injecting some humor into the situation makes a world of difference to them.

Thanks.... A sense of humor was something I used heavily working as a Medic. Not only with the patient, but family to. The majority of people that call 911 are facing what they perceive as the scariest event in their life. Injecting some humor into the situation makes a world of difference to them.

You provided a great service to your community.

If there was bell ringing emoji.... The DW got to ring the bell yesterday following her last Chemo treatment. :dance:
My ortho appointment wasn't as good... Bone graft is not fully healed so I'm still on crutches for another 6 weeks... I really loved the freedom they provided when I got out the wheelchair, but beginning to hate these things.. You can't reach up or down.

If there was bell ringing emoji.... The DW got to ring the bell yesterday following her last Chemo treatment. :dance:
I was with one of my friends when he got to "ring the bell" after nine weeks (45 days) of radiation treatments. (Great feeling I'm sure.) That was almost two years ago now and he's still cancer free. But he's still on a couple of drugs (not chemo) to minimize any possible re-occurrence.

Best of luck to both of you.

I was with one of my friends when he got to "ring the bell" after nine weeks (45 days) of radiation treatments. (Great feeling I'm sure.)

It was a great feeling for us... But extra special for the staff.... She is the 1ST early-stage patient they diagnosed with their new low dose CT scanner.
Early detection is the key....

My ortho appointment wasn't as good... Bone graft is not fully healed so I'm still on crutches for another 6 weeks... I really loved the freedom they provided when I got out the wheelchair, but beginning to hate these things.. You can't reach up or down.

That's great news about your wife! I remember the feeling of relief when I finished my chemo in 2018. They didn't have an actual bell to ring - instead, all of the chemo nurses on shift at the time (not just mine) gathered around me, cheered and clapped, and then sang "Hit the Road, Jack, and Don't You Come Back." The friend who was with me managed to get it on video, and I was in happy tears by the end of it.

I hope the next six weeks go swiftly for you, and you get to toss the crutches at that point.

Back
Top Bottom