Want to live longer? Live at high altitude.

Wonder what Hermit's take is. IIRC he lives above 5000 feet.

I don’t think that my life expectancy would increase if I lived above 11,000’. Ok up to that point, but I get woozy above that.

The study seems to indicate that there is limit to the elevation where life expectancy increases, but doesn’t directly come out and say it.

Life expectancy gets really bad at 28,000 feet (K2 and Everest) but then improves a lot at 1,330,000 feet (ISS)

According to many of the sci fi books I read over the years, living on the moon (really high altitude) would extend life expectancy due to lack of stress on joints and organs.

I live at 5900'. I've known a couple of people who've had breathing issues as they aged even after living here for decades.

Weird fact: MS is much more common in Colorado than in other states. I don't know that they've ever figured out why.

I live at 5900'. I've known a couple of people who've had breathing issues as they aged even after living here for decades.

Weird fact: MS is much more common in Colorado than in other states. I don't know that they've ever figured out why.

If that happens I will have an excuse to move to the Ozarks.

I live 6 months in the North Carolina mountains (about 5000 feet) and 6 months at low altitude in the middle of the state. When I first get to the mountains each year it takes me awhile to adjust to the altitude, but after a few days I don't notice it. I think I get alot more aerobic exercise (hiking, dancing, etc) in the mountains because it is cooler and less humid. When I move back down from the mountains to the lowland I feel like I am in great shape, exercising, walking etc is so easy. So I can see that living at higher altitudes could increase longevity.

I've lived at 7k in Colorado for the last 28 years, now 64. Close enough to a major city for convenience and far enough away for peace. Absolutely no intention of ever moving. DW and I are in great health. After acclimating to the altitude there have been no ill effects. UV is a real issue, though...gotta protect from that.

We rented a third floor apartment after we were married , back in 1958. Never thought much about it, but maybe that's why we're still alive, 61 years later.

:cool:

I lived in Laramie at 7200' for 3 years. Now living happily in Hawaii for past 30 years at 20'.

LOL I was wondering the same. People I know from the Villages often claim to be the healthiest old folks there are anywhere. Due no doubt to golf, and the nightly dancing and drinking.

The only concern I would have living in CO is the tainted water from PFAS, PFOA.

Back
Top Bottom