• Option 10 to reference in your proviso

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option 11 to reference in your caveat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've run out of witty and less than witty options

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
The best butter is in the Netherlands.

We haven’t gone on cruises, so can’t speak to cruise butter.

In Denmark (and possibly the Netherlands, but I had it in Denmark), you can get little foil-sealed pats of....bacon fat! Fedt med Løg, it's called.

Attachments

• Danish bacon fat.jpg
    Danish bacon fat.jpg
    807.4 KB · Views: 20
I never go looking for cruises, but my wife is one of those midnight internet travel trollers looking for bargains. She keeps coming up with repositioning cruises to Europe for $700-800 for 11-13 days on incredible ships.

Let me just say our Holland America cruise was different with the average age about 85. Some cruisers were over 100 years old and in diapers.

We've been on so many cruises that we no longer gorge ourselves on food. My blood sugar is often even better when we're at sea than when I'm home. I certainly can minimize my use of butter. It's that soft serve ice cream machine that gets me, however.

BM, when your wife finds a great deal on a repositioning cruise would you send me a private message as we love them and deals. You guys are finding much cheaper deals than we are.

Oh, you have not seen dairy until you visit the Netherlands!!!

The Netherlands is very famous for its cheese, but really all the dairy products are outstanding. You get to sample the best when you visit. Locals buy the cheeses produced by small farmers (boerenkass) - something not imported into the US.

And as you drive or ride the train across the countryside, you see endless green pastures dotted with dairy cows - a perfect use for the wet fields (polders) and flat landscapes. You don’t see feedlots, etc.

If you take a river cruise, you can see cows down at the beach along the river... They have the good life there.

Here is a shot I took of some cows enjoying the beach :

Attachments

• 2019_03_19_23:36:13_001.png
    2019_03_19_23:36:13_001.png
    324.8 KB · Views: 10
It's a worldwide cow phenomenon - here's one I took in Senegal in the mid 1980s:

27y96s7.jpg

In Denmark (and possibly the Netherlands, but I had it in Denmark), you can get little foil-sealed pats of....bacon fat! Fedt med Løg, it's called.
This is where you see the cows down by the river making a hand painted, misspelled sign that says "Wait a minut, I thawt we we talking about butter!"

BM, when your wife finds a great deal on a repositioning cruise would you send me a private message as we love them and deals. You guys are finding much cheaper deals than we are.

Add me to that email list!! :)

Could end up being an ER Forum meet up!

Back
Top Bottom