What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Midpack: We just finished watching Season 1 of Fargo on FX (on demand). Not sure what to think, though it was somewhat unpredictable which is always appealing to me, and unlike most programs IMO. There are 3 more seasons, #4 in progress. Not sure if we’ll keep watching or not. Evidently each season is essentially independent of another.

Try season two. My favorite plus a great cast: Brad Garrett (Everybody Loves Raymond). Kirsten Dunst, and Jesse Plemons (Breaking Bad). KC gang comes north.

Has anybody watched the Secret of the Skinwalker Ranch on History Channel? We thought there were some interesting things happening there, although some events were definitely milked for the effect (without any substance) to fill the air time, and some experiments looked hokey. I'd wear clothing to protect me from the harm of microwave/electromagnetic/radiation to be there though...

Last edited:
Just finished Season 1 of Ted Lasso on Apple TV+. It’s about an American football coach who accepts a job coaching a British soccer team, despite knowing absolutely nothing about soccer. Very funny and interesting storyline and characters.

Prime Video.....Mystery Road... Started it yesterday....looks promising.

I tried this series last night. It gave me the impression it’s trying to have the impact of “Old Country for Old Men” slow and building to something big. But I’m just not there after 2 episodes.

Watching the Good Fight. Even better than the previous seasons IMHO. Too bad that the season gets cut off to the pandemic, but it's supposed to be picked back up in a few months to finish the whole season.

Prime Video.....Mystery Road... Started it yesterday....looks promising.

watched season 1 starting season 2. pretty good murder mystery series, a little slow but you better have the closed caption on because that aussie accent is almost like a foreign language.

HBO Max has "the great pottery throw down" - totally modelled off BakeOff (down to "you have HALF AN HOUR LEFT!)

So if you like that, you'll like this.

And on Netflix: Dr Foster, British Drama, 2 seasons. Gets a bit crazy at times, and it could have stopped after the first season, but I can watch Suranne Jones in anything.

Gave Ted Lasso a try based on mention here. A very pleasant surprise. Liked it quite a bit.

Watched 3 seasons of Jeff Daniels "Newsroom" on HBOMax. Was one of the best series I'd seen in a while. I wish some of the real newsrooms operated like they tried to in the series. Hard to watch the Sunday morning news shows in the same light now! Highly recommend.

+1. I binge watched Newsroom a few years ago. Excellent. Reminded me of West Wing but in a different venue.

I've been watching "Coroner". It's a Canadian series being shown on the CW network in the U.S, based on the books by Matthew Hall. I quite like the lead actress, Serinda Swan.

I tried this series last night. It gave me the impression it’s trying to have the impact of “Old Country for Old Men” slow and building to something big. But I’m just not there after 2 episodes.

We finished season 1 and went to Acorn to what season 2. Season 2 seems a lot rougher and not as enjoyable.

Did finish Professor T on PBS. If you like flawed characters you may give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom