What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Just started “The Queen’s Gambit” on Netflix, about an orphan who is a chess prodigy. The first episode was excellent, hoping that the rest are as good.

I decided to get into the Halloween spirit. The Haunting of Bly Manor suits me. It's not a "gotcha" scary series. It's more of a love story with ghosts of past, a gorgeous English Manor and believable characters. Well acted and good reviews. There are no shocks, just a relatable story. Well written.

Midpack: We just finished watching Season 1 of Fargo on FX (on demand). Not sure what to think, though it was somewhat unpredictable which is always appealing to me, and unlike most programs IMO. There are 3 more seasons, #4 in progress. Not sure if we’ll keep watching or not. Evidently each season is essentially independent of another.

Try season two. My favorite plus a great cast: Brad Garrett (Everybody Loves Raymond). Kirsten Dunst, and Jesse Plemons (Breaking Bad). KC gang comes north.

Fargo is top notch, all seasons. I'm watching the current season now, again good stuff, with maybe the inclusion of Chris Rock as a mob boss.

Just started “The Queen’s Gambit” on Netflix, about an orphan who is a chess prodigy. The first episode was excellent, hoping that the rest are as good.

We watched Episode 5 last night and will watch the final two tonight. It is one of the better written and acted shows that I have seen in a long time.

It bogs down slightly in Episode 5 with some back-story and side issues -- that may prove relevant later but...

It is well worth the time spent watching it.

tonite we finished the first 3-seasons of Line of Duty on AMC. we enjoyed it immensely. S4 is avsilable free on either Netflix or Prime so we’ll start that. S5 and S6 are not free so we will have to wait until that changes.

I'm part way through Season 3 on Prime... excellent series.

Glad to see some of my favorites on there--Call the Midwife is my all time favorite

Started on your rec and must say I really like it. It is different in a very good way.

Not sure how we missed Community, but. there are 6 seasons on Netflix. Each season has about 25 episodes that are about 20 minutes duration. We got hooked after a couple episodes. Funny and poignant at the same time, a light diversion. The characters will grow on you.

I'm part way through Season 3 on Prime... excellent series.

Is this series a British crime drama? About corrupt cops among other things? I’m interested, and trying to make sure I’ve found the right show. There’s several called Line of Duty.

Thanks.

Just started season 5 of Billions.

Disappointed! For so long that show was well written and tight. Now it's like a parody of itself with bad writing and even bad acting. Time to hanging up.

Meanwhile, loving Season 3 of Star Trek Discovery. Boldly taking that franchise in new directions without ever feeling like they're doing something just because they should.

In the aftermath of Chadwick Boseman passing away, I hope people will embrace Sonequa Martin-Green who plays the lead role as Michael Burnham. She's a fantastic black actress playing an awesome, powerful, uplifting character.

Just finished this series last night. Very good series.

I want to watch The Queen's Gambit (I am learning to play chess) but I don't have a Netflix subscription. Any other way to watch Queen's Gambit? I guess I could sign up for a free trial of Netflix and binge watch it.

I want to watch The Queen's Gambit (I am learning to play chess) but I don't have a Netflix subscription. Any other way to watch Queen's Gambit? I guess I could sign up for a free trial of Netflix and binge watch it.

If you don’t want to binge, just start a subscription and cancel after a month (or whenever you are finished). The streaming services make it easy to cancel / re-enroll. I just re-activated our Disney+ subscription to watch The Mandalorian. We will watch that and whatever else we find interesting for a couple of months, then cancel. By starting/stopping our streaming subscriptions we get the entertainment we want without out-of-control subscription fees.

Queen's Gambit was incredible. You could finish the whole thing on a rainy Saturday. Definitely could finish two episodes each evening for 3 or 4 days.

If you have a friend on Netflix they can send you a referral code and they get a bonus of some kind.

Started on two more:
The Undoing
Defending Jacob
- 2 episodes each so far and staying interested

Back
Top Bottom